My algorithm relies heavily on an accurate Historical High (HH) (52-wk-high is fine) to make buy/sell decisions.

Initially I had though that putting the stock in Raw normalization mode would be best. (Then the stock values are historically accurate, and I can trade off the original stock price.)
However, when I reference self.HISTORICAL_HIGH.Current.Value (which I presume re-evaluates the high each new time slice in the sim), it is never adjusting to the new split values after a split event.

As shown below, I have tried adjusting the historical high based on the known split differential but it is just continuing to use the old (pre-split HH) before doing the adjustment - so this doesn't fix it. In the code snippets below self.HISTORICAL_HIGH.Current.Value continues to use the previously-determined HH after the split, and never resets to new HH thresholds when they occur.

I see three potential solutions to this problem:

1. There should be a function, or a common adjustment, to the self.MAX() function which auto-adjusts for splits.
  2. Maybe I add/load each stock ticker twice. Once in Raw, and once in Adjusted, and then use the adjusted one in my HH calculation?
  3. Maybe I made an error in choosing Raw to begin with. Maybe I should default to adjusted. But if I do that then there are a bunch of downstream negative effects. Example: It's hard to determine if I have enough cash to purchase a stock, because I need to adjust the stock price according to the split differential before doing a buy.

Has anyone dealt with this problem? It seems like it should be a common issue. What is the best solution?

Thanks.

def Initialize(self): # PREPARATORY ITEMS BEFORE SIMULATION

self.CURRENT_STOCK = self.AddEquity(self.STOCK_ONE, Resolution.Daily)  
    self.CURRENT_STOCK.SetDataNormalizationMode(DataNormalizationMode.Raw) # Do not adjust for splits in the data
    self.HISTORICAL_HIGH = self.MAX(self.STOCK_ONE, 253, Resolution.Daily, Field.High) # Get 52-wk-high (non-adjusted, raw)

def OnData(self, data): # PROCESSES REPEATEDLY THROUGHOUT SIMULATION

# Determine if there was a split
       if data.Splits.ContainsKey(self.STOCK_ONE):
           ## Log split information
           stockSplit = data.Splits[self.STOCK_ONE]
           if stockSplit.Type == 0:
               self.Log('Stock will split next trading day')
           if stockSplit.Type == 1:
               self.SPLIT_DIFF = stockSplit.SplitFactor                        # Save the new split differential if one occurred
               self.Log("Split type: {0}, Split factor: {1}, Reference price: {2}".format(stockSplit.Type, stockSplit.SplitFactor, stockSplit.ReferencePrice))

#HH Calculations
       # Problem: .Current.Value DOES NOT adjust for splits
       self.ADJ_HISTORICAL_HIGH = self.HISTORICAL_HIGH.Current.Value * self.SPLIT_DIFF # Adjust the HH based on any splits that might have been reported (Q: does this support multiple splits?)