Hi, I am just getting my head around universes but I am having one simple problem. I cant get a symbol to put in my schedule function.

Attached is the code. Essentially I am using the top5DollarVolume coarse universe example. But I want to trigger a schedule function and need one symbol for the date rule part.

You can see i have created logs to try get a symbol, but I am not sure if any symbols are added to my unverse in the first place.

using Accord; using MathNet.Numerics.Statistics; namespace QuantConnect.Algorithm.CSharp { public class prev_day_change : QCAlgorithm { private const int NumberOfSymbols = 5; private SecurityChanges _changes = SecurityChanges.None; /// Initialise the data and resolution required, as well as the cash and start-end dates for your algorithm. All algorithms must initialized. public override void Initialize() { //SetWarmUp(TimeSpan.FromDays(2)); //Warm up 30 days of data. UniverseSettings.Resolution = Resolution.Minute; SetStartDate(2013, 10, 07); //Set Start Date //SetStartDate(2013, 10, 07); SetEndDate(2013, 10, 11); //Set End Date SetCash(10000); //Set Strategy Cash // Find more symbols here: http://quantconnect.com/data AddUniverse(CoarseSelectionFunction); Log("beginning:" + _changes.AddedSecurities.Count); Log("securities.values" + Securities.Values); foreach (var security in _changes.AddedSecurities) { Log("test security:" + security.Symbol); } var a = 1; //Schedule function that runs 60 min after open every day Schedule.On(DateRules.EveryDay(SYMBOL), TimeRules.AfterMarketOpen(SYMBOL, 10), () => { //Create a function that calls the functions I want to call and put it here testFunction(); }); } public static IEnumerable<Symbol> CoarseSelectionFunction(IEnumerable<CoarseFundamental> coarse) { // sort descending by daily dollar volume var sortedByDollarVolume = coarse.OrderByDescending(x => x.DollarVolume); // take the top entries from our sorted collection var top5 = sortedByDollarVolume.Take(NumberOfSymbols); // we need to return only the symbol objects return top5.Select(x => x.Symbol); }

Author