Hello All, 

I hope someone can help me with this. I am trying to manually warmup adx with a history call. This is a simplified script that I've been trying in the notebook:

qb = QuantBook() spy = qb.AddEquity("TEAM", Resolution.Daily).Symbol adx = qb.ADX(spy, 14, Resolution.Daily) print("The current value before warmup of ADX is = " + str(adx.Current.Value)) print("Warmup Period = " + str(adx.WarmUpPeriod)) bars = qb.History(str(spy), 150, Resolution.Daily) for bar in bars: adx.Update(bar) print("ADX after warmup = " + str(adx.Current.Value)) print(qb.Time)

My question is:

What should be the period in the following statement to properly warmup the adx indicator without making a long unnecessary history call:

bars = qb.History(str(spy), 150, Resolution.Daily) 

I am arbitrarily using 150 since I felt the value of adx at lower numbers keeps changing. (e.g. using 120 gives a different value than using 100) which is confusing. My understanding is that both periods should be equally sufficient to warmup adx for a daily resolution, maybe even lower.

I might be doing something wrong, but I want it to match the custom adx indicator from data providers closely, doesn't have to be identical.

Thanks a bunch,