Hi, I'm new to QuantConnect and I'm trying to implement a simple strategy to learn how the platform works. The strategy is to go long when the RSI is under 28, then either take profit or stop loss, then look for another trade opportunity and do it all over again. 

I understand that I should use LimitOrder for take profit and StopMarketOrder for the stop loss, however what my algorithm does is it buys 1 SPY, then it reaches the take profit level, it sells the 1 stake in SPY, and then it also executes the StopMarketOrder and sells one more stake. So at the end of the test period it's only done 3 trades and it's holding that last trade for the entire period.

I've to cancel the LimitOrder/StopMarketOrder when the other has been fulfilled, but that hasn't worked either.

I've been stuck on this for a week now, it there somethign that I'm missing?

This is my code:

class OptimizedCalibratedCompensator(QCAlgorithm): def Initialize(self): self.SetStartDate(2020, 3, 1) # Set Start Date self.SetEndDate(2020,4,30) # set end date self.SetCash(1000) # Set Strategy Cash self._symbol = 'SPY' self.AddEquity(self._symbol, Resolution.Minute) self.Securities[self._symbol].SetDataNormalizationMode(DataNormalizationMode.Raw) # define a 14-period daily RSI indicator with shortcut helper method self.rsi = self.RSI(self._symbol, 14, MovingAverageType.Simple, Resolution.Minute) self.SetWarmUp(14, Resolution.Minute) self.stopMarketTicket = None self.orderTicket = None self.limitOrderTicket = None def OnData(self, data): # check if this algorithm is still warming up if self.Portfolio.Invested or not self.rsi.IsReady: return else: # get the current RSI value rsi_value = self.rsi.Current.Value entryprice = self.Securities[self._symbol].Close if rsi_value < 28: self.orderTicket = self.MarketOrder( self._symbol, 1) self.limitOrderTicket = self.LimitOrder( self._symbol, -1, 1.001 * entryprice) self.stopMarketTicket = self.StopMarketOrder( self._symbol, -1, 0.9993 * entryprice) def OnOrderEvent(self, orderEvent): if orderEvent.Status == OrderStatus.Filled and self.limitOrderTicket is not None and self.stopMarketTicket is not None : if orderEvent.OrderId == self.limitOrderTicket.OrderId: self.stopMarketTicket.Cancel('hit take profit') elif orderEvent.OrderId == self.stopMarketTicket.OrderId: self.limitOrderTicket.Cancel('hit stop loss') self.Log("{0}: {1}".format(self.Time, orderEvent))

Author