Hi! Two questions:

1. Can we paper trade locally with LEAN and IB using our own data sources?

From my understanding, when paper trading with IB, we can either choose an IB or QC datafeed. Is it possible to use our own custom datafeeds instead? I'm running LEAN locally and am using my own data obtained from some vendors. Backtesting works fine, but once I try to advance my strategy to paper trading I don't seem to be able to access the data on my local machine anymore.

Is there anything I can do to update the config file? I tried changing the `data-feed-handler` to `FileSystemDataFeed` as seen below which I thought may fix it but unfortunately not.

// defines the 'live-interactive' environment "live-interactive": { "live-mode": true, // real brokerage implementations require the BrokerageTransactionHandler "live-mode-brokerage": "InteractiveBrokersBrokerage", "setup-handler": "QuantConnect.Lean.Engine.Setup.BrokerageSetupHandler", "result-handler": "QuantConnect.Lean.Engine.Results.LiveTradingResultHandler", // "data-feed-handler": "QuantConnect.Lean.Engine.DataFeeds.LiveTradingDataFeed", "data-feed-handler": "QuantConnect.Lean.Engine.DataFeeds.FileSystemDataFeed", "data-queue-handler": "QuantConnect.Brokerages.InteractiveBrokers.InteractiveBrokersBrokerage", "real-time-handler": "QuantConnect.Lean.Engine.RealTime.BacktestingRealTimeHandler", "transaction-handler": "QuantConnect.Lean.Engine.TransactionHandlers.BrokerageTransactionHandler", "history-provider": "BrokerageHistoryProvider" }

2. Can we use Universe Selection when paper trading with IB?

I read that Universe Selection is not available with IB, but from my understanding (reading the forums and docs) that's only if we use IB's data feeds.

Thanks!

Author