Back

Having Trouble Getting Top Gainers in Universe

Hello,

I'm new to the QuantConnect platform (and fairly new to C#). I'm new to the QuantConnect platform (and fairly new to C#). 

I'm trying to add 20 stocks that have the highest percentage gain from the previous day into the universe so that I can possibley trade them on the next opening day.

However, i'm running into some issues trying to screen the stocks and i'm not sure what tools I have available and what limitations i'm going to run into.

I've looked into the AddUniverse and it seems like I won't be able to sort by percentage gain, is this correct?

If that's the case the custom universe selection looks promising except it looks like you have to supply your own custom data, is it possible to use the QuantConnect data and still do a custom screen?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Update Backtest

Have you found this example where it is demonstrated how to perform some technical analysis as part of our coarse fundamental universe selection? I have attached the backest so that you can just clone and run.
You need to modified it and replace the indicator to RateOfChangePercent from ExponentialMovingAverage cross. 

Ah thanks Mikhail! 

I haven't seen that yet but will try to tinker with it this weekend.

Hey Adam Brodzinski, did you ever manage to get the top gainers to work? Thanks.

Update Backtest

The material on this website is provided for informational purposes only and does not constitute an offer to sell, a solicitation to buy, or a recommendation or endorsement for any security or strategy, nor does it constitute an offer to provide investment advisory services by QuantConnect. In addition, the material offers no opinion with respect to the suitability of any security or specific investment. QuantConnect makes no guarantees as to the accuracy or completeness of the views expressed in the website. The views are subject to change, and may have become unreliable for various reasons, including changes in market conditions or economic circumstances. All investments involve risk, including loss of principal. You should consult with an investment professional before making any investment decisions.

This discussion is closed