Back

Paper/live Autotrading IB or Tradier

Hi All,
Has anyone run QC algorithms (live or paper trading) on IB or Tradier brokerage?
What is your impression, recommendation - which one has less difference between paper and real fills?

Thanks
Nik
Update Backtest

The material on this website is provided for informational purposes only and does not constitute an offer to sell, a solicitation to buy, or a recommendation or endorsement for any security or strategy, nor does it constitute an offer to provide investment advisory services by QuantConnect. In addition, the material offers no opinion with respect to the suitability of any security or specific investment. QuantConnect makes no guarantees as to the accuracy or completeness of the views expressed in the website. The views are subject to change, and may have become unreliable for various reasons, including changes in market conditions or economic circumstances. All investments involve risk, including loss of principal. You should consult with an investment professional before making any investment decisions.

I've run actual money trades running a QC algo on Tradier. Everything worked really well. There were some UI glitches, like limit order fills in live mode show up as zero. I only see the fill price when i expand the trade in the dashboard and the log window doesn't seem to update, so I need to download the log directly and open it in a text editor. It's been over a month since running it though, I'm sure things have been changed/fixed.

The algo I was running only submitted limit orders, so my fills were at limit (like in the algo backtest).

Thanks Steve!
I am not worrying for QC/UI glitches, because they can be addressed and QC team does good job doing so.
My concerns were with fills and quotes if they differ greatly from the paper trading. But apparently this is not a problem at all!
Thanks again
Nik

hey, @Steven I just deployed a fix for the logs, please tellme if you still cannot see your logs.

Regards
Gustavo =]

The material on this website is provided for informational purposes only and does not constitute an offer to sell, a solicitation to buy, or a recommendation or endorsement for any security or strategy, nor does it constitute an offer to provide investment advisory services by QuantConnect. In addition, the material offers no opinion with respect to the suitability of any security or specific investment. QuantConnect makes no guarantees as to the accuracy or completeness of the views expressed in the website. The views are subject to change, and may have become unreliable for various reasons, including changes in market conditions or economic circumstances. All investments involve risk, including loss of principal. You should consult with an investment professional before making any investment decisions.

Update Backtest

This discussion is closed