Back

Git Clone Error

Hi,

I followed the documentation to sync with GIT but I get an error on the clone command:

Permission denied (publickey)
fatal: Could not read from remote directory

I believe I followed all the instruction up to that point carefully
Update Backtest

Hey @DroidMaster, it sounds like you may have uploaded the private key by mistake, or possibly not added it to that project yet. I checked the server and a key has been uploaded but I'm not certain if its your public or private one. Reach out on Skype and we can debug it step by step to be sure.

The material on this website is provided for informational purposes only and does not constitute an offer to sell, a solicitation to buy, or a recommendation or endorsement for any security or strategy, nor does it constitute an offer to provide investment advisory services by QuantConnect. In addition, the material offers no opinion with respect to the suitability of any security or specific investment. QuantConnect makes no guarantees as to the accuracy or completeness of the views expressed in the website. The views are subject to change, and may have become unreliable for various reasons, including changes in market conditions or economic circumstances. All investments involve risk, including loss of principal. You should consult with an investment professional before making any investment decisions.

Got it @DroidMaster -- there were two errors we discovered:

1. Its important to copy the URL directly from the pop up window since its fairly easy to get wrong. We'll make this a copy-paste input box shortly to avoid this error happening again: git@git.quantconnect.com/....

2. The GIT system was only installed recently and does not apply to older projects. If you get an error "R access ... DENIED..(Or there may be no repository at the given path. Did you spell it correctly?)" - it means there is no repository there. So your project was too old. If the last digits on the URL are greater than 700 you should be safe, and all new projects are safe. To fix it just create a new project and copy and paste your code across.

The material on this website is provided for informational purposes only and does not constitute an offer to sell, a solicitation to buy, or a recommendation or endorsement for any security or strategy, nor does it constitute an offer to provide investment advisory services by QuantConnect. In addition, the material offers no opinion with respect to the suitability of any security or specific investment. QuantConnect makes no guarantees as to the accuracy or completeness of the views expressed in the website. The views are subject to change, and may have become unreliable for various reasons, including changes in market conditions or economic circumstances. All investments involve risk, including loss of principal. You should consult with an investment professional before making any investment decisions.

Thanks Jared. That work nicely once I had created a new project.

Hi Jared,
I am encountering the same error when I tried to do a Git clone to my local repository:

$ git clone -v git@git.quantconnect.com:4335/10839
Cloning into '10839'...
Permission denied (publickey).
fatal: Could not read from remote repository.

Is this feature only available to paid accounts? I have a "free" account.

This "officially" is a feature of paid accounts :) But we're letting people use it for free. We just upgraded servers so it should be working now - I've emailed you so we can debug if it still doesn't work for you.

Update Backtest

This discussion is closed