Hi All!

This is my first post in the community!  Thank you for taking the time to read this question!

Problem statement: 
        I have a SimpleMovingAverage Indicator with Daily Resolution.  It is registered on a ticker [e.g. SPY] with minutely resolution.  On each trading day @ 15:43 [using Scheduled events], I perform an analysis using the SimpleMovingAverage on that day as calculated at 15:43 using the price observed at 15:43 as well as all the previous days' closing prices.

To achieve this I am utilizing ComputeNextValue.  However, for the SMA, ComputeNextValue(IndicatorDataPoint input) actually changes the internal state, and registers the supplied intraday point as part of the private window of the SMA object.  This means that the SMA calcluated at the end of that day [after 15:43] is incorrect.

Background:
       For some indicators [e.g. RSI or ATR] supplying an intraday data point does not change the internal state of the indicator, and ComputeNextValue works as “a what-if” calculator.  I.e. supplying the intraday point, does not alter the calculation at the end of day.

Question:
          Is there any built-in method which allows this intraday “what-if” calculation? [I can do it by hand, but would like to know if there is a built-in function or method]

Thank you in advance for any responses!  

Author