Hello,

Sorry in advance for the noob question, I am coding my first algos on QC :)

While I am implementing my trading logic in the OnData() method, I'd like to get some returns in the console, print variables, check their types, etc... I also want to check my code constantly so as to be sure I didn't mistype anything, etc..

To give one concrete example, I am coding a Futures algo and the future contract chain structure is as follow:

def OnData(self, slice):
   for chain in slice.FutureChains:
       for contract in chain.Value:
           pass

I'd like to be able to display the length of each chain, the volume of each contract, check by myself the type of a chain, etc..
Currently, when I am coding my OnData() method I am completely in the dark, and the only way I find to get some returns is to run a full backtest and print some Logs.

The research environment seems to be there also for that purpose, but as the OnData() method and its variables are not available there, it doesn't help much.

Is it for instance possible to get only one slice of data in the research environnement so as to check whether the OnData() code is correct and access the variables before pasting the code in main.py?

Thanks for your help