Im using a Chrome Browser on both a Chromebook and a Windows 11 PC. In both cases, the scroll wheel does not work properly. A spin of the wheel does not scroll up and down as normally expected.  The workaround for this is slightly different for each OS. Jared has emailed me that they are looking into this but have no other reports of scroll wheel problems on the backtest results pages. 

The problem is that I can't scroll up and down using the scroll wheel as you can on all other QC web pages.  This was annoying as without the scroll wheel you must select the scroll bar on the right side and drag it down.  That bar is very narrow and hard to grab with the mouse and hard to direct to the proper spot further down the page that you want to look at.  

The solution I have found for a PC (win 11 in my case) is that you press the scroll wheel to put it in auto-scroll mode and then drag the mouse up or down to scroll the page.  This works on a win 11 system but not on a Chromebook ChromeOS system.

On ChromeOS, you must push the scroll wheel down and additionally hold down it while you spin it up or down to scroll.  It does not go into auto-scroll on the backtest page (the scroll wheel works normally on all other QC pages). It's a bit of a pain to have to hold down the wheel as you spin it up and down but it gets the job done in an easier way than having to shift your focus to the right-side scroll bar and drag it around. 

I thought that others might have this problem and that the above solutions might help.  Please add a comment to this post if you are having problems with the scroll wheel not working correctly in the Backtest Results Pages while on the Chrome Browser. Jared said he would like to hear about it to see if this is an isolated case or if others are seeing this issue. 

P..S. I found a Chrome Extension that appeared to help with scroll wheel scrolling, but it seems to be a bit flakey at times. It's called ScrollAnywhere on the chrome extensions web store web page.