Back

How to get data feeds for future momentum algorithm: Following the trend: diversed managed future trading

Hi,

I am wondering if the futures data of Quantconnect covers what is required in this book of Andreas Clenov. It needs to be adjusted. On page 53 of this book the asset categories are listed:

Agricultural: Cotton, Corn, Lumber, Live cattle, Lean hogs, Oats, Rough rice, Soybeans, Sugar, Wheat

Non-agricultural: Gasoil, crude oil, heating oil, gasoline, gold, copper, palladium, platium, silver

Currencies: AUD/USD, GBP/USD, EUR/USD, JPY/USD, NZD/USD, EUR/CHF, EUR/GBP, EUR/JPY, CHF/USD, CAD/USD

Equities: CAC40, DAX, FTSE 100, HS China Enterprises, Hang Seng, Nasdag 100, Nikkei 225, SP500, EuroStoxx 50, Russell 2000

Rates: Bunt, Schatz, Long gilt, Canadian Bankers', Acceptance, US 2-year note, US 10 year note, Eurodollar, EuroSwiss, Euribor, Short Sertling.

Does anybody has experience in trading this algorithm or is interested to build it? Of course first question where to get proper data on a daily basis?

J.

https://www.amazon.com/Following-Trend-Diversified-Managed-Futures/dp/1118410858
Update Backtest

The progress on my algo. I read the book for 25%. Seems you need > 1 mln dollar to run a proper futures strategy over diverse sectors. Anyhow, for a hobby I would like to finish the algorithm. For some reason I do not get future data. I must oversee something. Tomorrow a new day.

Future data only comes in minute data. So that was the challenge.

My last results. Asking myself why the ATR is a sigsaw and price of the futures contract is the same over a period of time.

Update Backtest

The material on this website is provided for informational purposes only and does not constitute an offer to sell, a solicitation to buy, or a recommendation or endorsement for any security or strategy, nor does it constitute an offer to provide investment advisory services by QuantConnect. In addition, the material offers no opinion with respect to the suitability of any security or specific investment. QuantConnect makes no guarantees as to the accuracy or completeness of the views expressed in the website. The views are subject to change, and may have become unreliable for various reasons, including changes in market conditions or economic circumstances. All investments involve risk, including loss of principal. You should consult with an investment professional before making any investment decisions.

This discussion is closed