Back

Interactive Brokers Timeline

I principally use Interactive Brokers for real money trading. Does anyone know how soon QuantConnect will
be able to do live trading on Interactive Brokers?
Update Backtest

Hey @PetrosKontzamanis! We have written all the code (its all open sourced on github). We're just doing our own internal testing now to make its its all 110% safe. We support tick, second, minute and custom data for equities and FOREX. Its a large product scope to fully test!

Our current plan is opening up IB for paper trading accounts this week - if it all goes well for at least a week we'll unlock it for real-money accounts.

The material on this website is provided for informational purposes only and does not constitute an offer to sell, a solicitation to buy, or a recommendation or endorsement for any security or strategy, nor does it constitute an offer to provide investment advisory services by QuantConnect. In addition, the material offers no opinion with respect to the suitability of any security or specific investment. QuantConnect makes no guarantees as to the accuracy or completeness of the views expressed in the website. The views are subject to change, and may have become unreliable for various reasons, including changes in market conditions or economic circumstances. All investments involve risk, including loss of principal. You should consult with an investment professional before making any investment decisions.

Thanks Jared. I suspect since NinjaTrader is started their own brokerage, maintaining connectivity to other brokerages went down on their list of priorities.
I have already downloaded Lean and installed it into LiClipse.

Wonder who negged me not that I care. In case it was a NinjaTrader fan, I found a work around and informed NinjaTrader (problem goes away if all instruments have identical sessions).
Since part of my income comes from trading I am forced t use Rightedge as primary platform and QuantConnect as backup. RightEdge is more mature and stable. Platforms have similar abilities. Main strong points of QuantConnect is its data for backtesting. Neg away..:}}}

Hopefully we'll bring you around Petros. We're certainly stable but will always be a work in progress. If we're ever "mature" I'll go get a day job ;)

The material on this website is provided for informational purposes only and does not constitute an offer to sell, a solicitation to buy, or a recommendation or endorsement for any security or strategy, nor does it constitute an offer to provide investment advisory services by QuantConnect. In addition, the material offers no opinion with respect to the suitability of any security or specific investment. QuantConnect makes no guarantees as to the accuracy or completeness of the views expressed in the website. The views are subject to change, and may have become unreliable for various reasons, including changes in market conditions or economic circumstances. All investments involve risk, including loss of principal. You should consult with an investment professional before making any investment decisions.

All is good Jared. Working both systems simultaneously. RightEdge seems to be written by non traders. Mathematically powerful but missing some essential trading features, like time based executions and session templates. Had to write my own code for basic features which is time consuming since my training is in hardware not software.
Other point is that QuantConnect support is easily accessible and you have active community.
I am currently testing out Lean using Visual Studio Express. Thanks for replying.

Update Backtest

This discussion is closed