Back

Failed to load subscription

I started a new algorithm with one symbol, AAPL it compiled ok but I am getting the following error on back test. No stacktrace and nothing helpful in the log.

3 | 12:36:48:
Building Project ID: 129206
4 | 12:36:48:
Build Request Successful for Project ID: 129206 CompileID: 2d9edcf83501da47326a92d4fe876712 Lean Version: 2.1.3.5
5 | 12:36:52:
Backtesting Project ID: 129206
6 | 12:36:52:
Successfully sent backtest request for 'Virtual Violet Leopard', (Compile Id: 2d9edcf83501da47326a92d4fe876712)
7 | 12:36:52:
Backtest ID: 3eb116987460b6aa9b71c9b35c4a800a successfully sent to cloud.
8 | 12:36:53:
Launching analysis for 3eb116987460b6aa9b71c9b35c4a800a with LEAN Engine v2.1.3.5
9 | 12:36:53:
Failed to load subscription: AAPL (Open Stacktrace)
10 | 12:36:53:
Algorithm Id:(3eb116987460b6aa9b71c9b35c4a800a) completed in 0.18 seconds at 0k data points per second. Processing total of 0 data points.
11 | 12:36:55:
Your log was successfully created and can be downloaded from: http://data.quantconnect.com/backtests/7828/129206/3eb116987460b6aa9b71c9b35c4a800a-log.txt
Update Backtest

The material on this website is provided for informational purposes only and does not constitute an offer to sell, a solicitation to buy, or a recommendation or endorsement for any security or strategy, nor does it constitute an offer to provide investment advisory services by QuantConnect. In addition, the material offers no opinion with respect to the suitability of any security or specific investment. QuantConnect makes no guarantees as to the accuracy or completeness of the views expressed in the website. The views are subject to change, and may have become unreliable for various reasons, including changes in market conditions or economic circumstances. All investments involve risk, including loss of principal. You should consult with an investment professional before making any investment decisions.

@Nicholas, it looks like the data is only updated until about 8/16. I'll look into what's going on and will try to have it up to date by Monday. Apologies, I know we all want to run our algos against the recent crash (me included!). I'll update here when we're back up to date.

The material on this website is provided for informational purposes only and does not constitute an offer to sell, a solicitation to buy, or a recommendation or endorsement for any security or strategy, nor does it constitute an offer to provide investment advisory services by QuantConnect. In addition, the material offers no opinion with respect to the suitability of any security or specific investment. QuantConnect makes no guarantees as to the accuracy or completeness of the views expressed in the website. The views are subject to change, and may have become unreliable for various reasons, including changes in market conditions or economic circumstances. All investments involve risk, including loss of principal. You should consult with an investment professional before making any investment decisions.

Thanks! I will change the dates and try it again.

@MichaelH Changing the dates did it.

@MichaelH I attempted to put the algo live this morning. It would not let me go live, but forced me to enter my paper trade account on IB. I contacted Jared about it, and he wanted more info. It is running paper trading now and I want to let it go to end of day. I will make another attempt after close and make a Camtasia of it so you can see what happened.

Right now it looks like all my limit orders are being returned as invalid. I just got a toast that says "this order does not conform to the minimum price for this order" on a short. Only the market orders are going through. I have a margin account with IB. This behavior may be only on paper trade. Are you aware of limit orders being a invalid on paper trading?

I was mistaken in my last comment.

I just got another toast which says: Brokerage Warning: The price does not conform to the minimum price variation for this contract.

Hey @Nicholas, that message sounds like you're submitting orders with too many decimal places. I'll look into having the brokerage implementation take care of this for you, but for now try rounding to 2 decimal places and that should fix it.

@MIchaelH Got it. Jared tipped me off about rounding and I added it to my algo. An easy fix. I am going live on Tradier on Monday. Whooot! Next up Complex Indicators.

Update Backtest

This discussion is closed