Back

More Log Data

My algo is getting to the point of longer term testing. I do all my debugging through my logs since the charts arent capable, however my log usually stops reporting around a month for my algo. Is there anyway I could be allowed be data space for my logs?
Update Backtest

I believe I am having the same issue. I am not using logs to store the backtest results, but my backtest for 3.5 years w/ minute data and 500 symbols will finish, but the backtest will never output the "Overview" and won't save. any ideas?

@Tim - sorry the log restriction is from our data providers. We can allocate more when you've got a subscription because it gives the data providers some security about your identity. When you upgrade/subscribe it goes from 10kb/backtest to 100kb.

@Riley - I think this might be unrelated. We had some server issues last night but they're fixed now. Also 500 minute level symbols is pretty intense :)

The material on this website is provided for informational purposes only and does not constitute an offer to sell, a solicitation to buy, or a recommendation or endorsement for any security or strategy, nor does it constitute an offer to provide investment advisory services by QuantConnect. In addition, the material offers no opinion with respect to the suitability of any security or specific investment. QuantConnect makes no guarantees as to the accuracy or completeness of the views expressed in the website. The views are subject to change, and may have become unreliable for various reasons, including changes in market conditions or economic circumstances. All investments involve risk, including loss of principal. You should consult with an investment professional before making any investment decisions.

haha yeah, Its a temporary system anyway. Once I figure out how to select the universe for today w/o subscribing to all 500 symbols, it probably won't break it xD.

Update Backtest

The material on this website is provided for informational purposes only and does not constitute an offer to sell, a solicitation to buy, or a recommendation or endorsement for any security or strategy, nor does it constitute an offer to provide investment advisory services by QuantConnect. In addition, the material offers no opinion with respect to the suitability of any security or specific investment. QuantConnect makes no guarantees as to the accuracy or completeness of the views expressed in the website. The views are subject to change, and may have become unreliable for various reasons, including changes in market conditions or economic circumstances. All investments involve risk, including loss of principal. You should consult with an investment professional before making any investment decisions.

This discussion is closed