I initially skipped over QunatConnect when I was looking for a platform to build algos on.  They offered C# as a language, and as a C# programmer by trade, I loved that, but I wasn't interesting in writing code inside the browser.

BUT, then I found LEAN and the LEAN CLI.  I was blown away by the amount of work that has gone into it. and the quality of the code.  That same day, I bought a monthly subscription to QC.  Even if I never use it,  I figured, they deserve the money just for what they have open sourced.

I'm now writing some very simple algos as I learn the QC platform.  Coming from writing my own code and using Zorro for a short time, I have a few suggestions for QC.  Keep in mind, I'm a new user.

Backtesting:  Impressive stuff.  The only thing I've found missing is charting.  In Zorro, which has a rough charting interface, it was invaluable to see where your algo made a trade compared to the indicators and candlestick.  It's easy to quickly find bugs in your algo or places where it needs to be tweaked.  1) There is a 4k point limit due to memory usage for the backtest chart.  Perhaps a different js chart would work better.  I know some can work with millions of points, such as uplot.  Using a WebGL chart would be even better.  2) The highlighting that occurs when you hover on a chart makes it harder to read.

Indicators:  The indicators are easy to setup and use.  Really well done.

Concurrent algos:  Currently you can run only one algo per brokerage account.  I think this would actually be fairly easy to fix and I think it can be worked around already.  Why not create a proxy algo that simply passes OnData calls to a list of algos and their OnData calls.  This would allow you to have a different algo per asset, etc.  Of course, you could shoot yourself in the foot, but aren't we already taking risks just by trading? ;-)

Resuming shutdown algo:  It would be nice if the algos could perform their own portfolio management.  What I mean by this is, upon start up, a list of owned assets could be downloaded and handled by an algo.  1) This would allow you to automate the restarting of an algo.  2) You could also perform more intricate algos could run once a month a do rebalancing, etc.  3) makes running multiple algos easier.

These are just a few suggestions and feel free to shoot them down or critique them.  

Also, I'm more than happy to contribute to the open source LEAN and help in any way I can, honestly, it's the least I can do after what they have given to the community.

…Thanks…

…Michael…