Hi there,

I'm trying to import custom data from an external data source using a REST API. The issue I am facing is that the URL that I use to retrieve the data, returns data formatted in XML as opposed to JSON and I am unsure how to convert this data into the format needed using the "Reader" function. The Bitcoin example that is provided by Quantconnect only shows how to deal with JSON. I have provided below the output that I receive when the URL is executed. Any help on how to convert this output into something that can actually be used in Quantconnect would be very much appreciated!

<result> <ratings is_array="true"> <item> <id>59f70217efacff0001835764</id> <date>2017-10-30</date> <time>06:42:31</time> <ticker>ACHC</ticker> <exchange>NASDAQ</exchange> <name>Acadia Healthcare Co</name> <action_pt/> <action_company>Downgrades</action_company> <analyst_name>Ann Hynes</analyst_name> <rating_current>Neutral</rating_current> <rating_prior>Buy</rating_prior> <importance/> <updated>1509367107</updated> <analyst>Mizuho</analyst> </item> <item> <id>59f70171efacff000183575c</id> <date>2017-10-30</date> <time>06:39:45</time> <ticker>AMD</ticker> <exchange>NASDAQ</exchange> <name>Advanced Micro Devices</name> <action_pt/> <action_company>Downgrades</action_company> <analyst_name>Joseph Moore</analyst_name> <rating_current>Underweight</rating_current> <rating_prior>Equal-Weight</rating_prior> <importance/> <updated>1509367001</updated> <analyst>Morgan Stanley</analyst> </item> </ratings> </result>

Author