I am currently sitting and developing in the Lab environment.

I have a few questions which I am little bit confused about.

1) Is there any better way to try the algos than i do? I do some coding then i run the backtest and it takes like 40 seconds before i see if the code works or not.

After 40 seconds i see that i did some misstakes, and get error message as follows:

Runtime Error: Python.Runtime.PythonException: TypeError : Cannot get managed object at (wrapper dynamic-method) System.Object:CallSite.Target (System.Runtime.CompilerServices.Closure, System.Runtime.CompilerServices.CallSite, object, QuantConnect.Data.Slice) at QuantConnect.AlgorithmFactory.Python.Wrappers.AlgorithmPythonWrapper.OnData (QuantConnect.Data.Slice slice) [0x000c6] in <91afafcb96134cb1934e681486862439>:0 at QuantConnect.Lean.Engine.AlgorithmManager.Run (QuantConnect.Packets.AlgorithmNodePacket job, QuantConnect.Interfaces.IAlgorithm algorithm, QuantConnect.Lean.Engine.DataFeeds.IDataFeed feed, QuantConnect.Lean.Engine.TransactionHandlers.ITransactionHandler transactions, QuantConnect.Lean.Engine.Results.IResultHandler results, QuantConnect.Lean.Engine.RealTime.IRealTimeHandler realtime, QuantConnect.Lean.Engine.Server.ILeanManager leanManager, QuantConnect.Lean.Engine.Alpha.IAlphaHandler alphas, System.Threading.CancellationToken token) [0x01260] in <7573aaf6e6a74f29b31f8e11628c060e>:0 (Open Stacktrace)

For me this message is not very clear. On what line did i do the misstake? 

2) Is there any command similiar to print() ? I would like to try a few lines of code with the "Build" button, before i go for the Backtest button.

Best Regards, David

Author