Back

0% Queuing...

Has anybody ever had trouble with a backtest stalled in the "0% Queuing..." state?

Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Thanks!
Update Backtest

Welcome to QC Mathieu! Thanks for the message, I saw your error streams -- we don't have Resolution.Daily or Resolution.Hourly yet but will hopefully add it in the future.

I've added a new BacktestError message so you won't be able to send backtests using these resolution settings which will avoid waiting for a backtest that will never complete :) Feel free to ping here if you have any more issues,

The material on this website is provided for informational purposes only and does not constitute an offer to sell, a solicitation to buy, or a recommendation or endorsement for any security or strategy, nor does it constitute an offer to provide investment advisory services by QuantConnect. In addition, the material offers no opinion with respect to the suitability of any security or specific investment. QuantConnect makes no guarantees as to the accuracy or completeness of the views expressed in the website. The views are subject to change, and may have become unreliable for various reasons, including changes in market conditions or economic circumstances. All investments involve risk, including loss of principal. You should consult with an investment professional before making any investment decisions.

Thank you very much for your help!

Mathieu, use consolidator class on code library to construct any higher resolution from minute bars.

Thanks for your input. I actually masde my own, before knowing this class existed! But it turns out that daily open and close are not the actual first and last transactions of the day, but some decision made to reflect correct supply and demand... So the consolidator method doesn't give accurate results for technical trading... But thanks for letting me know!

I added a new snippet to the code library Mathieu -- it is a consolidator based on a TimeSpan -- so you can enter a generic timespan length and it will make bars until that period has passed. Give that a go, hopefully it will work better than a fixed number of samples.

If you're using data within market hours it should match the open close adjusted prices of yahoo,

The material on this website is provided for informational purposes only and does not constitute an offer to sell, a solicitation to buy, or a recommendation or endorsement for any security or strategy, nor does it constitute an offer to provide investment advisory services by QuantConnect. In addition, the material offers no opinion with respect to the suitability of any security or specific investment. QuantConnect makes no guarantees as to the accuracy or completeness of the views expressed in the website. The views are subject to change, and may have become unreliable for various reasons, including changes in market conditions or economic circumstances. All investments involve risk, including loss of principal. You should consult with an investment professional before making any investment decisions.

If I understood you right, don't think few ticks matter much as inside day there are much more possible errors that as I know should be filtered on any platform.

Here is the project it came from. Two important points of the project -- fillforward data meaning we'll get a bar every minute regardless of the market activity, and extendedMarketHours false so we're only getting 9.30am - 4pm

I'm now seeing this on some tests I am trying to run.

It was on a project of someone (I think "Ryan Kelly") who was trading VXX. I changed the symbol to TSNG; and attempted to run two scenarios. One sat there for a while, and completed but showed not data; the other (run over a years worth of data) is still sitting waiting.

Is there perhaps no data for this stock? (I've attached the project, if it's helpful.)

Hey @Noon -- did this run in the end? There are no jobs in the queue so it looks like it genuinely did execute. We have TSNG starting 1998

No; the two tests I ran with that data both failed (at one point I did see a warning about not having data for TSNG hourly; but even the minute-data didn't seem to complete).

The errors were: "Backtest error" and "0% Runtime error".

I've just finished updating all this so it shows louder and more informative errors after running a backtest. Hopefully this should be more informative when its a genuine/easily fixed error.

Update Backtest

This discussion is closed