Back

LEAN Desktop Development Best Practices for Repo Structure?

Hello, I've got LEAN running on my local machine and am exploring the features. However, I'm wondering about the best practices for management of the LEAN repo. Both config.json and algorithm files are located within the LEAN repo. I would like to separate the LEAN engine from any custom configurations and algorithms so that I can keep the LEAN repo clean and free of my own changes. This should make merging changes from LEAN development painless.

It looks likes I can edit the config.json to point to algorithms in different locations, so that should allow me to keep my algos in a separate repo. However, I still have in issue with the config file. Right now I'm just keeping different configs in different branches. But I think that I'd like the configs in the same repo as the algos. However, I'm open to other solutions.

How do YOU structure your repos to separate the LEAN engine from your own algos and custom configs? Is there a recommended best practice?

Update Backtest

Update Backtest

The material on this website is provided for informational purposes only and does not constitute an offer to sell, a solicitation to buy, or a recommendation or endorsement for any security or strategy, nor does it constitute an offer to provide investment advisory services by QuantConnect. In addition, the material offers no opinion with respect to the suitability of any security or specific investment. QuantConnect makes no guarantees as to the accuracy or completeness of the views expressed in the website. The views are subject to change, and may have become unreliable for various reasons, including changes in market conditions or economic circumstances. All investments involve risk, including loss of principal. You should consult with an investment professional before making any investment decisions.

This discussion is closed