Back

Binary Strategies?

Hi Folks.. well this is my first post here and my head has been blown!

Fairly new to binary trading and I've recently been given a very simple 60 second strategy (just using BB indicator) that seems to hold up on the visual back testing I've done.

Quick question - am I able to use QC for this.... and where would I start?

Perhaps my lack of experience in the industry is quite telling - thanks for your time!

Jamie
Update Backtest

Replicated the error -- it seems like something new with indicators + FX triggering this condition: (https://github.com/QuantConnect/Lean/blob/master/Indicators/IndicatorBase.cs#L87). I'm working on it now :) Hang tight

The material on this website is provided for informational purposes only and does not constitute an offer to sell, a solicitation to buy, or a recommendation or endorsement for any security or strategy, nor does it constitute an offer to provide investment advisory services by QuantConnect. In addition, the material offers no opinion with respect to the suitability of any security or specific investment. QuantConnect makes no guarantees as to the accuracy or completeness of the views expressed in the website. The views are subject to change, and may have become unreliable for various reasons, including changes in market conditions or economic circumstances. All investments involve risk, including loss of principal. You should consult with an investment professional before making any investment decisions.

I saw "this is forward only" before, should have reported it earlier :)

Fixed, sorry about that. It was an edge case glitch in the fill-forward when we reached the end of a FX trading day on Friday. We now accurately model the FX closing time for Friday & open time Sunday so the fill-forward works nicely.

The material on this website is provided for informational purposes only and does not constitute an offer to sell, a solicitation to buy, or a recommendation or endorsement for any security or strategy, nor does it constitute an offer to provide investment advisory services by QuantConnect. In addition, the material offers no opinion with respect to the suitability of any security or specific investment. QuantConnect makes no guarantees as to the accuracy or completeness of the views expressed in the website. The views are subject to change, and may have become unreliable for various reasons, including changes in market conditions or economic circumstances. All investments involve risk, including loss of principal. You should consult with an investment professional before making any investment decisions.

Hi All,

I am wondering if there is a platform like "iq option" with

(1) Binary options

(2) Five second line chart

(3) Trade remains open for one whole minute. After 1 minute you automatically get your profit or Loss.

(4) The platform allows algorithmic trading for backtesting and real money trading with strategies. (Allows algorithmic trading or robots or Expert Advisors).

Does Quantconnect facilitates all this? Is their any other platform that provides all this for Algo-trading?

Thanking you in advance

Tauqeer

Update Backtest

This discussion is closed