Back

SMA Crossover Strategy Using StopMarketOrders: what am I missing?

I think the reason I am getting an error is due to not understanding how StopMarketOrders are to be used / updated. Would someone be able to take a look at my code and help me try to find out where the error is?
Update Backtest

Issue doesn't seem to involve order type, still not getting orders to work

Hey Reuben, sorry about your issues. Sorry but it seems like you've found a bug :) which caused it to end early. We've re-written this part of the code to be much simpler so we won't actually fix it but will do a new release on Monday which should solve your problem.

The material on this website is provided for informational purposes only and does not constitute an offer to sell, a solicitation to buy, or a recommendation or endorsement for any security or strategy, nor does it constitute an offer to provide investment advisory services by QuantConnect. In addition, the material offers no opinion with respect to the suitability of any security or specific investment. QuantConnect makes no guarantees as to the accuracy or completeness of the views expressed in the website. The views are subject to change, and may have become unreliable for various reasons, including changes in market conditions or economic circumstances. All investments involve risk, including loss of principal. You should consult with an investment professional before making any investment decisions.

Oh ok. awesome. i though maybe i was implementing the order types incorrectly.

Hey @Reuben,

We've deployed the new order system, so things should be a little easier. Have a peak at my recent post.

Post back if you're still having issues.

The material on this website is provided for informational purposes only and does not constitute an offer to sell, a solicitation to buy, or a recommendation or endorsement for any security or strategy, nor does it constitute an offer to provide investment advisory services by QuantConnect. In addition, the material offers no opinion with respect to the suitability of any security or specific investment. QuantConnect makes no guarantees as to the accuracy or completeness of the views expressed in the website. The views are subject to change, and may have become unreliable for various reasons, including changes in market conditions or economic circumstances. All investments involve risk, including loss of principal. You should consult with an investment professional before making any investment decisions.

Update Backtest

This discussion is closed