Back

Build Time Out

I've been getting Build Time Out on one of my projects. What is this indicative of?
Update Backtest

Currently the build servers are up and running as usual. I'm in NYC and receive a response from the build server in ~50ms. The time out may be indicative of a spotty internet connection, or possibly the servers lost internet for a period of time around the time you experienced the time outs.

Is this still happening?

The material on this website is provided for informational purposes only and does not constitute an offer to sell, a solicitation to buy, or a recommendation or endorsement for any security or strategy, nor does it constitute an offer to provide investment advisory services by QuantConnect. In addition, the material offers no opinion with respect to the suitability of any security or specific investment. QuantConnect makes no guarantees as to the accuracy or completeness of the views expressed in the website. The views are subject to change, and may have become unreliable for various reasons, including changes in market conditions or economic circumstances. All investments involve risk, including loss of principal. You should consult with an investment professional before making any investment decisions.

I had tried to declare a private inside a method. Looked to be causing the time out.

Hello @Louis, I can't repeat the time out bug.

Could you share an example please ?

The material on this website is provided for informational purposes only and does not constitute an offer to sell, a solicitation to buy, or a recommendation or endorsement for any security or strategy, nor does it constitute an offer to provide investment advisory services by QuantConnect. In addition, the material offers no opinion with respect to the suitability of any security or specific investment. QuantConnect makes no guarantees as to the accuracy or completeness of the views expressed in the website. The views are subject to change, and may have become unreliable for various reasons, including changes in market conditions or economic circumstances. All investments involve risk, including loss of principal. You should consult with an investment professional before making any investment decisions.

here you go.

didn't attach that time.

Would not attach so i commented out the offending line i added in Initialize .

I've been getting "Build Timeout, please check your internet connection" errors for the past couple of hours on the default project. My internet connection seems fine. Can anybody else perform a build successfully just so that I know it is a problem local to me?

Thanks,
Carl

Update: Things are working fine now.

C# autocomplete loaded.

7 | 00:42:21:
Building Project ID: 189171

8 | 00:42:25:
9 | 00:42:25: Command not found.
10 | 00:42:31: Build Timeout, please check your internet connection.

I see the same thing. In the day time, it works.

I am getting the same error all of the sudden. I'm looking for some offending code (such as the private declaration mentioned above), but I haven't found any yet. Qingpeng, please post when your issue is resolved. It is 10:12AM PST on 1/9/2017.

The issue just resolved itself. No code changes were necessary.

Sorry guys, we were playing a little fast and loose with new feature deployments this morning :) The issue is resolved now though and we'll implement a 4-eyes policy to make sure 2-engineers review all code updates going forward (for web changes, we already do 4-eyes on LEAN).

These issues are typically temporary and nowadays rare for me, if they're systematic and/or long lasting in nature you're best off mailing support@quantconnect.com

Whoops, didn't see there was another page, and I can't delete it. :o

Update Backtest

This discussion is closed