Back

Can Browser Development Interface show available methods?

Hi usually when I type a Class name followed by a dot it will bring up a list of available methods and their return type. Likewise if I type a method name followed an open bracket I would expect it to show the accepted parameters. Is there a way to do this yet? Thanks
Update Backtest

QuantConnects code window in the Browser does not do intellisense or code completion. It does do continuous compilation ala Roslyn. What I do is fork a copy of github/QuantConnect/Lean into a personal repo in a free github account. Then I clone that repo into either Visual Studio 2013 Community or Microsoft code. Then I get all the intellisense while I am developing. I have not tried it with VS 2015 which also has continuous compilation and would like to hear if anyone has ;-)

In addition you pick up the ability to debug the code in development. You can also push your changes into you personal repo on github and have the insurance of offline storage.

Once you have an algorithm you want to try out, you copy and paste your code into files on the QC website and it will be ready for back test.

This workflow has worked very well for me and I recommend it. Attached is my algorithm for running multiple symbols in one project as an example. In it I break out my strategy into a separate class and file and code completion and intellisense across files/classes work well.

Hey Anthony, what you're describing is called intelli-sense / code completion. We used to have a version of it but weren't happy with what we had so are working on a new version of this which should be much stronger and work in Javascript.

The material on this website is provided for informational purposes only and does not constitute an offer to sell, a solicitation to buy, or a recommendation or endorsement for any security or strategy, nor does it constitute an offer to provide investment advisory services by QuantConnect. In addition, the material offers no opinion with respect to the suitability of any security or specific investment. QuantConnect makes no guarantees as to the accuracy or completeness of the views expressed in the website. The views are subject to change, and may have become unreliable for various reasons, including changes in market conditions or economic circumstances. All investments involve risk, including loss of principal. You should consult with an investment professional before making any investment decisions.

Update Backtest

The material on this website is provided for informational purposes only and does not constitute an offer to sell, a solicitation to buy, or a recommendation or endorsement for any security or strategy, nor does it constitute an offer to provide investment advisory services by QuantConnect. In addition, the material offers no opinion with respect to the suitability of any security or specific investment. QuantConnect makes no guarantees as to the accuracy or completeness of the views expressed in the website. The views are subject to change, and may have become unreliable for various reasons, including changes in market conditions or economic circumstances. All investments involve risk, including loss of principal. You should consult with an investment professional before making any investment decisions.

This discussion is closed