Been learing Lean for a ~month and I'm a C# developer with 10 year experience.

Did I miss something in tutorials or documentation, but the API surface seems to lack high level functions that just do what you expect without ceremony and glueing things together etc. Don't want to compare with Pine Script, which by language standarts is trash, BUT it's so simple and it (mostly) just works.

What I haven't found in the API surface is a combination that gives me:

1) Indicator on any timeframe - not minute or hour, but 15 minute, 4 hour etc. - without manually writing Consolidators.

2) Automatic RollingWindow for those indicators. I don't need/want to wire it all together, I want to just ask ema50[10] and get my ema50 (15 minute consolidated for example) value 10 bars ago without thinking about it. Use History API behind the scenes, warmup on demand or something.

3) Automatic Warmup of all those things. I don't to specify and look manually how much I need to warm up each of my indicators etc. every time I change the algo.

All these things are reletively easy possible with the API we have, but is very cumbersome to implement and introduces high risk of bugs. I've debugged way too much code to catch errors with lagging indicators by a bar, not warmed up stuff, "Forward only indicator" errors etc.

Unfortunately for efficient algo writing and exploration this is something that I'm building myself, but really wanted to know if I missed something that already exists...

Author