Hi,

For local development, it's helpful to have some data for backtest debugging.  I see there are some examples for options trading, but they usually just have 2 days or so which could be enough in some cases, but not others.  So I looked at the 'lean data generate' command.  It has an 'Option' security type so I used that to generate some data.

The problem is when you try to use the data, the recommended method in the tutorials for options is to do something like this:

self.equity = self.AddEquity(ticker, Resolution.Minute) self.option = self.AddOption(ticker, Resolution.Minute)

I assume the equity data is needed so that when you make trades the system will have pricing data for the equity, not just the options.  But in this case the randomly generated option data doesn't have equity data to match, so you get an error because the ApiDataProvider can't find this data (because it doesn't exist).

Am I doing something wrong?  I tried generating again with both and Equity and an Option '--security-type' switch, which didn't work.  Tried with '--security-type Option,Equity', also no go.  Is there some way to get the Equity data generated for the same ticker, and hopefully correlated with the options prices?