Hi QC,

Re: https://www.quantconnect.com/blog/increased-research-licensing-opportunities/

I only recently signed up (maybe 2-3 months now) and I just came across this feature where quants can opt-in to share their algo backtests meta-data with the Alpha Stream clients. I think this is a fantastic feature that will benefit the QC quant community immeasurably by giving quants more visibility and giving clients a chance to scout quants who are doing interesting research.

I do, however, would like to suggest some additions to this feature. Perhaps, you can add functionality for the quant to only share backtests with certain criteria of their own choosing. For example, a quant may only want to share backtests that have a PSR > 80% and a Sharpe Ratio > 2.0. (Some of my algos have backtest results with PSRs and SRs that are, quite frankly, embarrassing.) I do want though to maintain the ability to experiment freely in private and then to share only what backtest results I want to share. This feature can be implemented by the quant being able to tag the backtest or by a filter. I can imagine a quant might also just want to become known as an ML researcher or an Analytics/Indicators researcher or Crypto researcher and just share the algos of their preferred types. It would be great to have this type of functionality on the quant side.

Do the Alpha Streams clients have this type of filter functionality on their side? I hope so. If not, when the quant opts in to share backtests it could seem like a hose being turned on that could flood the clients with all backtests, not just the ones the quant would like to share. It would be like backtest spam almost. This could have the effect of the quant being unwilling to share their unfiltered backtests results and also the client being unwilling to subscribe to receive the huge volume of data. What has been the quant opt-in and client subscription response so far?

I hope you can see the reason for this enhancement request and that it can be added to your development roadmap / book of work. Thanks for reading.

Sheikh