Back

Where to find QuantConnect.Models and QuantConnect.Securities in offline VS project?

Hi,
I do not see intellisense support in my projects. So I installed GitHub and want to work offline. Which I prefer in VS2013 and TFS. How can I get the using QuantConnect.Models and QuantConnect.Securities in my VS for strong typing and offline compilation?
J.
Update Backtest

Hey @Quant Trader - the first step is downloading and building the QCAlgorithm project on GitHub - you can do this here: https://github.com/QuantConnect/QCAlgorithm

Once you've unzipped, open the root solution file and attempt to build it.

Once you have it building locally, open the /QuantConnect.Algorithm folder and inside there's a file MyAlgorithm.cs

If start coding there you'll see you can use all of intellisense, and view all of the QCAlgorithm source

The material on this website is provided for informational purposes only and does not constitute an offer to sell, a solicitation to buy, or a recommendation or endorsement for any security or strategy, nor does it constitute an offer to provide investment advisory services by QuantConnect. In addition, the material offers no opinion with respect to the suitability of any security or specific investment. QuantConnect makes no guarantees as to the accuracy or completeness of the views expressed in the website. The views are subject to change, and may have become unreliable for various reasons, including changes in market conditions or economic circumstances. All investments involve risk, including loss of principal. You should consult with an investment professional before making any investment decisions.

Dear Jared,

Thank you. I managed to download. I tried to keep GitHub (unfamiliar with) together with TFS, but that did not work. I removed all GitHub files because Visual Studio did prefer GitHub over TFS version control.

J.

You can use Github for Visual studio it work very fine, you have just to put the adress :
https://github.com/QuantConnect/QCAlgorithm.git
and github for visual studio donwload the solution for you and you can build it imediately..

Update Backtest

The material on this website is provided for informational purposes only and does not constitute an offer to sell, a solicitation to buy, or a recommendation or endorsement for any security or strategy, nor does it constitute an offer to provide investment advisory services by QuantConnect. In addition, the material offers no opinion with respect to the suitability of any security or specific investment. QuantConnect makes no guarantees as to the accuracy or completeness of the views expressed in the website. The views are subject to change, and may have become unreliable for various reasons, including changes in market conditions or economic circumstances. All investments involve risk, including loss of principal. You should consult with an investment professional before making any investment decisions.

This discussion is closed