I am trying to understand consolidators.  I've read through the consolidating data but I'm a bit confused as to why there are some differences in the logs of the attached backtest.  The equity uses minute resolution to prevent stale data from options contracts.  The indicators intended to use a daily resolution.  Two consolidators are used, one with a daily resolution, the other with a timedelta(1).  Each does a manual update of a simple moving average indicator and stores the last close price.  An automatic SMA indicator is also used with daily resolution.

• Why do the daily values of the indicator and last close price from both consolidators not match?
  • Why does only the consolidator with a timedelta(1) match the automatic indicator with daily resolution?  I would expect that the daily resolution would be the one to match the automatic indicator.

A somewhat separate question, the backtest only does a single symbol, but when I add multiple symbols (with corresponding consolidators/plots) and run it over a 10 year period, it takes over 12 hours and times out.  I know it is going through a lot of data points, but is there anything that can be done to make the code more efficient?

Appreciate any insight.