Back

Code Library Missing

I currently only have "Recent, University, My Projects" on the sidebar.
Previously I had Code Library as well, which gave me the ability to clone files such as RelativeStrengthIndex.
Is this gone or has it been moved?
Thanks.
Update Backtest

Hey @Kevin, it was hidden for smaller screens but I've temporarily re-enabled it. By the end of the month we're going to move all indicators in the code snippet library to the underlying QCAlgorithm - they will all be default from now on :)

To avoid conflicts with existing algorithms we'll put it in the "QuantConnect.Indicators" namespace and to use the default implementation you'd need a "using QuantConnect.Indicators"

We also removed the popular tab and replaced with a "Recent", algorithm focused discussion feed.

The material on this website is provided for informational purposes only and does not constitute an offer to sell, a solicitation to buy, or a recommendation or endorsement for any security or strategy, nor does it constitute an offer to provide investment advisory services by QuantConnect. In addition, the material offers no opinion with respect to the suitability of any security or specific investment. QuantConnect makes no guarantees as to the accuracy or completeness of the views expressed in the website. The views are subject to change, and may have become unreliable for various reasons, including changes in market conditions or economic circumstances. All investments involve risk, including loss of principal. You should consult with an investment professional before making any investment decisions.

I'm just seeing this now... of course after I wrote some indicators and placed them in QuantConnect.Indicators... I suppose in the future I should write stuff under a unique namespace root.

QuantConnect.Indicators is fine - we're just rethinking them now so when the new ones are pushed live it we'll re-work slightly.

The key change is that people don't want to push the data into an indicator. E.g. SMA sma10 = new SMA(10); should automatically contain the SMA 10 at every updated bar.

So to make this happen we'll put a subscription hook into the indicators that receives data, and when the indicator is created it will automatically subscribe the indicator for data updates according to what it requires.

Hopefully the base indicator class should be able to handle all this, and the top level indicator logic would do the specific implementation.

The material on this website is provided for informational purposes only and does not constitute an offer to sell, a solicitation to buy, or a recommendation or endorsement for any security or strategy, nor does it constitute an offer to provide investment advisory services by QuantConnect. In addition, the material offers no opinion with respect to the suitability of any security or specific investment. QuantConnect makes no guarantees as to the accuracy or completeness of the views expressed in the website. The views are subject to change, and may have become unreliable for various reasons, including changes in market conditions or economic circumstances. All investments involve risk, including loss of principal. You should consult with an investment professional before making any investment decisions.

I can't seem to find the library of indicators in the sidebar or in github. Can someone please point me in the right direction? Thanks.

Hey Scott! :) We're rebuilding them to be more robust, use historic data so they start immediately, and be simpler to use. I'm really sorry about the delay they'll be ready very soon promise! In the mean time some of the old, rough indicators are in the code snippet library..

I think the first / basic indicators should be ready by Monday-Wednesday next week. Michael H did some great work redesigning them which we're putting into the open source project -

Update Backtest

This discussion is closed