Back

Key coding indicators for selling (Naked) Puts that rarely get exercised

Hi, I'm looking for a cluster of standard coding I can clone that will help me identity opportunities to sell naked puts (stocks I actually like) at a price that will rarely be exercised. I just signed up to this awesome application today so please go easy on me as I'm just learning what back testing is all about.
Any advice would be much appreciated.
Thanks,
Update Backtest

:) Welcome @Joshua! We were all beginners once don't worry. We currently support equities and forex, and plan to support futures soon. Options are a very different type of asset and we don't have any options data -- do you have options data?

The other tool that might help is this platform - Quantcha - an options search engine.

The material on this website is provided for informational purposes only and does not constitute an offer to sell, a solicitation to buy, or a recommendation or endorsement for any security or strategy, nor does it constitute an offer to provide investment advisory services by QuantConnect. In addition, the material offers no opinion with respect to the suitability of any security or specific investment. QuantConnect makes no guarantees as to the accuracy or completeness of the views expressed in the website. The views are subject to change, and may have become unreliable for various reasons, including changes in market conditions or economic circumstances. All investments involve risk, including loss of principal. You should consult with an investment professional before making any investment decisions.

Thanks for your response Jared. Unfortunately I do not have any options data at the moment but if I ever get to the point where I have access to such data I'll be sure to share. Thanks for the Quantcha - an options search engine link too

I am currently using an options trading strategy, or at least an approximation:

I use a fixed options price per contract ($100 at .60 delta)
I set the leverage to 100x
I determine the number of contracts (cash/price)
I determine the number of equivalent shares of stock (contracts * 100 * delta)
And then I just buy/sell that amount of stock

Update Backtest

The material on this website is provided for informational purposes only and does not constitute an offer to sell, a solicitation to buy, or a recommendation or endorsement for any security or strategy, nor does it constitute an offer to provide investment advisory services by QuantConnect. In addition, the material offers no opinion with respect to the suitability of any security or specific investment. QuantConnect makes no guarantees as to the accuracy or completeness of the views expressed in the website. The views are subject to change, and may have become unreliable for various reasons, including changes in market conditions or economic circumstances. All investments involve risk, including loss of principal. You should consult with an investment professional before making any investment decisions.

This discussion is closed