New Members - Say Hello!

Back

This was just created for fun for new people to say hello! Don't be shy reach out and let us know who you are and how we can help you :)
Update Backtest

The material on this website is provided for informational purposes only and does not constitute an offer to sell, a solicitation to buy, or a recommendation or endorsement for any security or strategy, nor does it constitute an offer to provide investment advisory services by QuantConnect. In addition, the material offers no opinion with respect to the suitability of any security or specific investment. QuantConnect makes no guarantees as to the accuracy or completeness of the views expressed in the website. The views are subject to change, and may have become unreliable for various reasons, including changes in market conditions or economic circumstances. All investments involve risk, including loss of principal. You should consult with an investment professional before making any investment decisions.

The material on this website is provided for informational purposes only and does not constitute an offer to sell, a solicitation to buy, or a recommendation or endorsement for any security or strategy, nor does it constitute an offer to provide investment advisory services by QuantConnect. In addition, the material offers no opinion with respect to the suitability of any security or specific investment. QuantConnect makes no guarantees as to the accuracy or completeness of the views expressed in the website. The views are subject to change, and may have become unreliable for various reasons, including changes in market conditions or economic circumstances. All investments involve risk, including loss of principal. You should consult with an investment professional before making any investment decisions.

Hello financial freedom seekers :)
I am a BI analyst using Qlikview from Oslo, Norway with a passion for the stock markets as well as trading. I have lately started researching all the interesting automated trading platforms on the internet and also found this great cloud computing solution. I strongly believe cloud computing is here to stay and the full trend in cloud computing has not yet fully developed yet and I beleive Jared is focusing on a very good opportunity here.

I will start a thread when it comes to the C# platform comparison that I would love to hear your opinions about.

Hello ,

I am Shikher from India, like to learn more about stock market.. presently working professional in construction industry , No idea about stock programming ...want to learn hope you guys will help me out.

regards
Shikher

Hey.

Daniel here, from Brazil. I'm currently on an internship in risk mgmt. for a family office here in São Paulo and I'm trying to learn more and more about quant trading and similar areas in the banking industry. I have some experience with C and MatLab but I consider myself a relative newbie at programming. Hope to have a nice time and learn a lot here.

Cheers.

Hi Team,

Pierce here, from New York. Happy to talk to people about entry-level trading programs, as far as executions go, I'm unsure how ppl integrate into trading services? Would like to know more about brokerages integration or buy/sell servers? Also, I'm working on sentiment analysis at present, very interested in seeing just how it might play into programs.

Thanks!

Thanks @Daniel, Welcome to QuantConnect! We hope you can learn a lot. If you're familiar with C, C# will be a breeze. We also support R so you can enter your R-scripts if you wish.

Welcome to QC @Pierce :) We're looking into trading now and will decide this week. Would you rather:

1. QC Servers hosting your algorithm in the cloud and showing you a dashboard; we'd manage the details and pay for data streams. You'd just select brokerage and login.

2. QC Servers hosting your algorithm in your own "dedicated VPS" that you control.

3. Backtest the strategy in a QC, then download the algorithm to your desktop PC and trading it live locally, and building API's to whatever broker/data stream you wish.

Hi everyone, I'm Felix and I'm from Canada. I am a Finance/Quant Methods student (undergrad) and I am really looking forward to learn more about trading algorithms. I've wanted to learn to code for a long time and finding this website is giving me an extra "kick in the ass" to finally start learning C#, my only previous experience in coding being with HTML/CSS.

Have a good day everyone, and hit me up on twitter if you'd like: @FelixCarrier !

Nice one @Felix, we're pretty blown away at how few quants learn to code in MFE programs. We're hoping QC can help give you practical skills!

My name is John. I am located in Orange County, California. I typically work in IT but am unemployed. I have gotten into trading several years ago and desire a career that brings me closer to the trading / finance industry.

Hi

My name is Vikas, I am mostly into Java and Algorithms. Will like to write some algorithms to automate trading. Are there any tutorials to begin with?

Thanks

Hey @StaderDynamics, @Vikas -- Welcome guys. One of our team is writing a batch of tutorial algorithms and indicator library at the moment. Sorry its slow work but we'll post it soon :) In the meantime hopefully you can learn some more C# and start from the basics.

Hy QC,

I'm Mihai and I am from Romania. I'm an Economics/Finance student (undergrad) and I'm looking forward to learn about trading algorithms. I don't have any experience in C#, but this will be a good starting point.

Thanks!

Hey guys!
My name is Jay. I am trying to learn python at the moment and trying to find something that works. Specifically opening order strategies. I think that is the only real edge we have any more in this market! I trade only equities.

Welcome @Jay! We're finishing python support this month so stay tuned :)

Fantastic, let's get this website going!

Hello Quants .... :-)

Hy QC,

I'm Mihai and I am from Portugal. I just love to code although my background is in Economics/Finance. Looking forward to learn about algorithms and C#. I have some experience with VBA and SQL. Also starting my way around Python.

This will be great to test some of my hypothesis for trading stocks.

Thanks!

Welcome Andre! If you need a hand just drop us a line here in the forums.

hi there,
I am a new user who wants to toddle in programming my trading way into automation. Starting with 2 questions:
- why did you choose just date from 2006 for the FX? Is it enough? or should we seek data from 1980?
- When will you put all the majors and its crosses "28 pairs" data?

Many thanks.

Hey @FinalAdd, we'd love more data but its all we have at the moment. Even getting 6 years of tick data in a fairly difficult task. Hopefully we'll add some more pairs soon.

Hi, nice idea of cloud back-testing.

1) are there any plans to add Java support? If yes - how soon?
Java could be useful due to rich set of math, stat, genetic, parallel running, etc. libraries... (and most of them are open source and hosted by big number of developers)

2) Are you going to implement external projects uploading, so we could use our local rich IDEs for development?

3) If yes - Is there any possibility to download framework library binaries so I could write, compile and debug algo on my side?

Thanks

Update Backtest

This discussion is closed