Back

Backtest Error on Basic Template Algorithm

steps:
Using web based IDE, First cloned BasicTemplateAlgorithm, made no changes, imported data for SPY and MSFT via datamanager, then built and ran back test.
BasicTemplateAlgorithm queue's for 20+ minutes and then returns 'backtest error'

Is there anywhere that I can see details on what the error was?
Update Backtest

I've been having similar issues with the backtester since last night. I think it's a temporary bug QC are working to fix and I am sure your algo is fine. When the backtester works I have never seen it take more than 20 seconds to start running.

Thanks for reporting @AshleyMesser! Really sorry about that! We've had a couple of stability bugs as people ramp up their backtesting :) Your backtest should be in the queue and process soon.. there are 50+ in the queue waiting to process now!

The material on this website is provided for informational purposes only and does not constitute an offer to sell, a solicitation to buy, or a recommendation or endorsement for any security or strategy, nor does it constitute an offer to provide investment advisory services by QuantConnect. In addition, the material offers no opinion with respect to the suitability of any security or specific investment. QuantConnect makes no guarantees as to the accuracy or completeness of the views expressed in the website. The views are subject to change, and may have become unreliable for various reasons, including changes in market conditions or economic circumstances. All investments involve risk, including loss of principal. You should consult with an investment professional before making any investment decisions.

@JaredBroad Thanks, it works within a few seconds now!

Update Backtest

The material on this website is provided for informational purposes only and does not constitute an offer to sell, a solicitation to buy, or a recommendation or endorsement for any security or strategy, nor does it constitute an offer to provide investment advisory services by QuantConnect. In addition, the material offers no opinion with respect to the suitability of any security or specific investment. QuantConnect makes no guarantees as to the accuracy or completeness of the views expressed in the website. The views are subject to change, and may have become unreliable for various reasons, including changes in market conditions or economic circumstances. All investments involve risk, including loss of principal. You should consult with an investment professional before making any investment decisions.

This discussion is closed