Back

Best Resources for Early Education in C#

Hello Everyone,

I'd like to introduce myself, My name is Simon. I am currently a Finance student with a side interest in Computer Science in Canada. I'm looking at building up my C# skills so that I can make more complex models on QC!

What resources would you recommend that you have found particularly useful? Any to avoid?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Regards,

Simon
Update Backtest

Hey Simon! :) Nice to meet you!

The Khan Academy has some great step by step, interactive tutorials for learning C#. Its located here: https://www.khanacademy.org/cs/tutorials/all-tutorials

Feel free to ask coding related questions here as well -

We'll add more code sharing features as soon as possible so you can work from other users templates

The material on this website is provided for informational purposes only and does not constitute an offer to sell, a solicitation to buy, or a recommendation or endorsement for any security or strategy, nor does it constitute an offer to provide investment advisory services by QuantConnect. In addition, the material offers no opinion with respect to the suitability of any security or specific investment. QuantConnect makes no guarantees as to the accuracy or completeness of the views expressed in the website. The views are subject to change, and may have become unreliable for various reasons, including changes in market conditions or economic circumstances. All investments involve risk, including loss of principal. You should consult with an investment professional before making any investment decisions.

Great answer, thanks Jared! Khan Academy is great, should have thought of that :) Much appreciated!

Look forward to the code sharing features..

You can share code now in the IDE if you're interested, we just haven't got around to sharing whole projects :) Select some code and click "Share to Forum" and it will create a new forum post with your code.

The material on this website is provided for informational purposes only and does not constitute an offer to sell, a solicitation to buy, or a recommendation or endorsement for any security or strategy, nor does it constitute an offer to provide investment advisory services by QuantConnect. In addition, the material offers no opinion with respect to the suitability of any security or specific investment. QuantConnect makes no guarantees as to the accuracy or completeness of the views expressed in the website. The views are subject to change, and may have become unreliable for various reasons, including changes in market conditions or economic circumstances. All investments involve risk, including loss of principal. You should consult with an investment professional before making any investment decisions.

Oh ok awesome! I'll definitely be all over that!

Hello too everyone, I want to borrow this post by Simon to introduce myself too.

My name is Kenneth, I graduated in aeronautical engineering about a year ago and am currently taking on a distant learning course in quantitative finance. I hope to move into a the quant field in the future and through looking for open source projects to boost my experiences and skills I found QC through a post on Linkedin!

I am hoping in the process of learning from the resources on QC, I can produce some good algos too!

Many Thanks,
Kenneth

Hey Kenneth - Welcome to QC, and great idea we should start a "Say Hello" discussion :),

We're just crunching the full US equities data now (terabytes...) and it will be ready by Friday we hope, but until then the Dow Jones stocks are available back to 1998.

We're in the process of tidying up our code and will open source parts of it. Our technology is literally 100,000 faster than MT4, or any other competitor out there so we're keeping some parts closed source. With such a fast environment you can backtest tick-data algorithms in 30 seconds..

Thanks Jared!

The technology sounds great! Hoping to be able to finish with the documentations and start soon.

If you have any questions please let me know. I wrote the documentation, its not completed yet but I'll upload some more this afternoon :). I built the backend so its tricky for me to know what is missing from documents...

Update Backtest

This discussion is closed