Back

Trading with a Live IB Account

Hi All!

Can you please tell me how can I to use the Lean on a real account in Interactive Brokers? I was looking for an example or guide
Update Backtest

Welcome @RomanZ; sorry for the delay we've been moving offices its been a pretty intense week.

Local/desktop Lean engine currently only ships with backtesting. The live trading DLL's aren't included. The QuantConnect website has the plugins to make it work for our live data and broker executions but these are only visible/accessible for subscriber clients.

We're in the middle of open sourcing more live trading components over the next few weeks. We'd welcome open source contributions if you're interested in joining the project -

The material on this website is provided for informational purposes only and does not constitute an offer to sell, a solicitation to buy, or a recommendation or endorsement for any security or strategy, nor does it constitute an offer to provide investment advisory services by QuantConnect. In addition, the material offers no opinion with respect to the suitability of any security or specific investment. QuantConnect makes no guarantees as to the accuracy or completeness of the views expressed in the website. The views are subject to change, and may have become unreliable for various reasons, including changes in market conditions or economic circumstances. All investments involve risk, including loss of principal. You should consult with an investment professional before making any investment decisions.

Has you or anybody tried to run QuantConnect strategies using multi-instruments.
I am currently testing NinjaTrader though its fast when connected to Interactive Brokers, problem occurs 3 or more instruments, the data connections not stable.
The problem is not with Interactive Brokers because I have other programs( MultiCharts which is much slower than QuantConnect) ) that connect 50 or more symbols to IB in single strategy with no problem.
Thanks

I've run the Lean engine locally against more than 50 symbols @ second resolution in real-time without an issue. I was not using IB as a data source and neither do the QuantConnect live servers.

The material on this website is provided for informational purposes only and does not constitute an offer to sell, a solicitation to buy, or a recommendation or endorsement for any security or strategy, nor does it constitute an offer to provide investment advisory services by QuantConnect. In addition, the material offers no opinion with respect to the suitability of any security or specific investment. QuantConnect makes no guarantees as to the accuracy or completeness of the views expressed in the website. The views are subject to change, and may have become unreliable for various reasons, including changes in market conditions or economic circumstances. All investments involve risk, including loss of principal. You should consult with an investment professional before making any investment decisions.

Hello, do I need to have TWS open to trade with Interactive Brokers?

Hey Douglas, you actually *can't* have TWS open while you're connected with QuantConnect. They only allow one device to be logged in a time.

Update Backtest

This discussion is closed