Back

No Transaction With Daily Data Algorithm

Hi,

This is my first time playing QuantConnect. My project is cloned from the initial example except the data resolution. I noticed there is no trade in backtest when I use daily data?

Also I have another question.

If I use two data source (one is SPY, one is a quandl data), how to set the OnData(* data) method.
OnData(Quandl data)
OnData(TradeBars data)
or both.

Thanks,
Yoh
Update Backtest

Hey @amigo, Daily data isn't quite finished processing/preparing yet. We started this morning and are about 35% of the way completed. I think by Friday night it will be done and ready to use. For now only AAPL daily data is there for you to test.

Re: Custom data, you need both OnData event handlers in the example you gave.

The material on this website is provided for informational purposes only and does not constitute an offer to sell, a solicitation to buy, or a recommendation or endorsement for any security or strategy, nor does it constitute an offer to provide investment advisory services by QuantConnect. In addition, the material offers no opinion with respect to the suitability of any security or specific investment. QuantConnect makes no guarantees as to the accuracy or completeness of the views expressed in the website. The views are subject to change, and may have become unreliable for various reasons, including changes in market conditions or economic circumstances. All investments involve risk, including loss of principal. You should consult with an investment professional before making any investment decisions.

I got an error when two sources(TraderBars, Quandl) are used. But i don't quite understand.(maybe because I haven't read through the documentation)

SPY: asset price is $0. If using custom data make sure you've set the 'Value' property.

But the backtest looks okay even with this warning.

BTW, QuantConnect may create a compilation of frequent warning/error and possible reason/resolution.

Cool idea @amigo, we're redoing the documentation now so I'll add it in there.

If you have multiple symbols and SPY doesn't have any data yet, and you try to do an order, that is the error message. Once there's data for both symbols fill forward will take over.

The material on this website is provided for informational purposes only and does not constitute an offer to sell, a solicitation to buy, or a recommendation or endorsement for any security or strategy, nor does it constitute an offer to provide investment advisory services by QuantConnect. In addition, the material offers no opinion with respect to the suitability of any security or specific investment. QuantConnect makes no guarantees as to the accuracy or completeness of the views expressed in the website. The views are subject to change, and may have become unreliable for various reasons, including changes in market conditions or economic circumstances. All investments involve risk, including loss of principal. You should consult with an investment professional before making any investment decisions.

Update Backtest

This discussion is closed