Hi All,

Sorry to ask a noob question, but I am trying to use fine fundamental to sort small cap stocks like in the tutorial link at the bottom. I'm new to C# and just can't seem to get the code right for the the for loop/sort function in the below python example.

This is snippet of code I am struggling with. It is the for loop I can't get working

def FineSelectionFunction(self, fine): if self.yearly_rebalance: fine = [x for x in fine if (x.ValuationRatios.PERatio > 0) and (x.EarningReports.BasicAverageShares.ThreeMonths > 0) and (x.EarningReports.BasicEPS.TwelveMonths > 0)] ##THE BELOW FOR LOOP I CANT CONVERT PROPERLY## for i in fine: i.MarketCap = float(i.EarningReports.BasicAverageShares.ThreeMonths * (i.EarningReports.BasicEPS.TwelveMonths*i.ValuationRatios.PERatio)) sorted_market_cap = sorted(fine, key=lambda x: x.MarketCap) self.filtered_fine = [i.Symbol for i in sorted_market_cap[:20]] self.yearly_rebalance = False return self.filtered_fine else: return []

This is the code I currently have: note it is incomplete

public IEnumerable<Symbol> FineSelectionFunction(IEnumerable<FineFundamental> fine) { // return list of symbols var fineStocks = (from f in fine //where f => f.ValuationRatios.PERatio > 0 && f.EarningReports.BasicAverageShares.ThreeMonths > 0 && f.EarningReports.BasicEPS.TwelveMonths > 0 where f.ValuationRatios.PERatio > 0 && f.EarningReports.BasicAverageShares.ThreeMonths > 0 && f.EarningReports.BasicEPS.TwelveMonths > 0 orderby f.ValuationRatios.PERatio ascending //select f.Symbol).Take(10); select f.Symbol);

I would appreciate a kind sir to help a noob out please :)

Author