Back

How can I plot price with buy/sell overlay on the same chart with other indicators?

I would like to plot stock price with buy/sell overlay next to RSI, MACD, etc. indicators.
Update Backtest

Check out the QC University algorithm - "How Do I Create Custom Charts?". It should you all the different combinations of charts (stacked, overlay layouts) along with the series types (line, scatter and candle). One of the charts (Plotter) shows the price with the buy and sell points of the algorithm.

The material on this website is provided for informational purposes only and does not constitute an offer to sell, a solicitation to buy, or a recommendation or endorsement for any security or strategy, nor does it constitute an offer to provide investment advisory services by QuantConnect. In addition, the material offers no opinion with respect to the suitability of any security or specific investment. QuantConnect makes no guarantees as to the accuracy or completeness of the views expressed in the website. The views are subject to change, and may have become unreliable for various reasons, including changes in market conditions or economic circumstances. All investments involve risk, including loss of principal. You should consult with an investment professional before making any investment decisions.

It shows SPY and MSFT on a separate chart. I need them on _the same_ chart as EURUSD, Buy, Sell.

having same issue

I gave up.
I just use another charting tool for debugging my strategies.

What do you use?

StrategyDesk from TDAmeritrade.
Fat client, free with account.

If you'd like MSFT/EURUSD/SPY on the same chart you'll need to perform some scaling to get them to fit. It is possible to scale them all into a percent scale (value-value0)/value0, then you could put them all on the same overlay chart using a scatter series for your buy/sell points.

The material on this website is provided for informational purposes only and does not constitute an offer to sell, a solicitation to buy, or a recommendation or endorsement for any security or strategy, nor does it constitute an offer to provide investment advisory services by QuantConnect. In addition, the material offers no opinion with respect to the suitability of any security or specific investment. QuantConnect makes no guarantees as to the accuracy or completeness of the views expressed in the website. The views are subject to change, and may have become unreliable for various reasons, including changes in market conditions or economic circumstances. All investments involve risk, including loss of principal. You should consult with an investment professional before making any investment decisions.

Just an update - today we shipped this feature so you can stack or overlay indicators in anyway you'd like! Check out the announcement with examples: https://www.quantconnect.com/forum/discussion/924

Update Backtest

This discussion is closed