Back

Local Visual Studio Guide

Hello,
Amother newbie question. I see the guide recommending trying out in the local visual studio, but I don't see the actual steps.

Is there a lib that I can included so at least I can compile locally? Is there a setup that includes some sample data that I can run locally to verify the logic is correct before doing a back test in the cloud?

Thanks!

Update Backtest

Click the 'Lean' button at the top of the menu bar of this page, then download the Lean engine from github. Unzip it and there is a readme file.

Great. Thanks TZ.

Kevin, there's also a tutorial on how to get that engine installed and running with example data.

1.) Go to the Backtester
2.) Click the "Help" button on the left
3.) Navigate to Tutorials --> Getting Started

That page will show you step by step how to run a job on your computer. It also comes with sample data.

Note that the tutorial says that you need to have QuantConnect.Lean.Engine selected as the start up project. This is incorrect. You need to have the QuantConnect.Lean.Launcher selected as the start up for it to work.

Good luck :-)

-Stephen

The documentation should be fixed Stephen :) Please send me link if you find any I've missed: https://www.quantconnect.com/support

The material on this website is provided for informational purposes only and does not constitute an offer to sell, a solicitation to buy, or a recommendation or endorsement for any security or strategy, nor does it constitute an offer to provide investment advisory services by QuantConnect. In addition, the material offers no opinion with respect to the suitability of any security or specific investment. QuantConnect makes no guarantees as to the accuracy or completeness of the views expressed in the website. The views are subject to change, and may have become unreliable for various reasons, including changes in market conditions or economic circumstances. All investments involve risk, including loss of principal. You should consult with an investment professional before making any investment decisions.

Yes I was able to run it locally. Thanks guys for the help!

Update Backtest

The material on this website is provided for informational purposes only and does not constitute an offer to sell, a solicitation to buy, or a recommendation or endorsement for any security or strategy, nor does it constitute an offer to provide investment advisory services by QuantConnect. In addition, the material offers no opinion with respect to the suitability of any security or specific investment. QuantConnect makes no guarantees as to the accuracy or completeness of the views expressed in the website. The views are subject to change, and may have become unreliable for various reasons, including changes in market conditions or economic circumstances. All investments involve risk, including loss of principal. You should consult with an investment professional before making any investment decisions.

This discussion is closed