Back

Extended Pivot Points Indicator

Hi everyone,
I've created an indicator that calculates pivot points, support and resistance levels for the next trading day (Extended Pivot Points).
There's a useful 2min video on investopedia explaining the basic principles of the indicator:
http://www.investopedia.com/video/play/pivot-points/

I wanted to share a complete indicator but I'm unfortunately receiving the following error message on most of my algorithms:
"Backtest Error: Could not find the algorithm DLL in upload files. If uploadinga custom DLL please ensure it inherits class QCAlgorithm to match the interface."
Haven't been QC-ing for a week now so perhaps there has been an update to the source code that require some changes to my codes?

Would appreciate some community advise on this :)
All the best
/Chris
Update Backtest

Hey Chris! That error message normally means there are multiple QCAlgorithm classes or we can't find any. Do you mind if I take a look at your code?

We have been making changes but only on the beta site - if I can't figure out what is wrong with your algorithm I'll deploy our beta live.

The material on this website is provided for informational purposes only and does not constitute an offer to sell, a solicitation to buy, or a recommendation or endorsement for any security or strategy, nor does it constitute an offer to provide investment advisory services by QuantConnect. In addition, the material offers no opinion with respect to the suitability of any security or specific investment. QuantConnect makes no guarantees as to the accuracy or completeness of the views expressed in the website. The views are subject to change, and may have become unreliable for various reasons, including changes in market conditions or economic circumstances. All investments involve risk, including loss of principal. You should consult with an investment professional before making any investment decisions.

Thanks Jared,
Yes please have a look. Appreciate it!
Hmm. thought I attached the code... anyways, here it is :)

Hmm.. I must be missing something.
Is there something else I need to do to share my code?

hehe sorry you can only share backtests at the moment (which have code they were run with) -- but as admin I can view to your private project with your permission. I'll view it and fix it today

The material on this website is provided for informational purposes only and does not constitute an offer to sell, a solicitation to buy, or a recommendation or endorsement for any security or strategy, nor does it constitute an offer to provide investment advisory services by QuantConnect. In addition, the material offers no opinion with respect to the suitability of any security or specific investment. QuantConnect makes no guarantees as to the accuracy or completeness of the views expressed in the website. The views are subject to change, and may have become unreliable for various reasons, including changes in market conditions or economic circumstances. All investments involve risk, including loss of principal. You should consult with an investment professional before making any investment decisions.

Beautiful code -- I got it to build the only change was removing the " : QCAlgorithm" from ExtendedPivotPoints and TradeBarConsolidator_Custom. By having multiple "QCAlgorithm" classes the backend got confused which one to run. I don't think you need QCAlgo on those classes anyway.

Nice! Thank you. Really. Happy it was an easy fix.
I'll run a quick backtest and share the code that way shortly.

I'd be interested to see a backtest how SPY (or any other main ETF) performs using the monthly &/or weekly S1 as a buy signal and R1 as a sell signal. The pivot points are a classic technique used by traders for a long time!

I'd write the script myself if I knew more about coding - baby steps...

Do you mind sharing your code?

Update Backtest

This discussion is closed