Hello All, 

I have read the scheduling event documentation and took a look at the scheduling events example of GitHub (love that repo btw) but I am having trouble scheduling events for a specific day of the week.

My code, works if I schedule events for 2 days of the week but not 1 only. I want to schedule an event every Friday. Here is my example code:

import numpy as np from System import * ### <summary> ### Basic template algorithm simply initializes the date range and cash. This is a skeleton ### framework you can use for designing an algorithm. ### </summary> class FTSEFridays(QCAlgorithm): '''Basic template algorithm simply initializes the date range and cash''' def Initialize(self): '''Initialise the data and resolution required, as well as the cash and start-end dates for your algorithm. All algorithms must initialized.''' self.SetStartDate(2018,6, 1) #Set Start Date self.SetEndDate(2018,7,1) #Set End Date self.SetCash(10000) #Set Strategy Cash self.Allocate = 1 # Percentage of holdings to risk # Setup Oanda Broker simulation self.SetBrokerageModel(BrokerageName.OandaBrokerage) # Find more symbols here: http://quantconnect.com/data # THIS NEEDS TO BE ADDED AFTER THE BROKERAGE MODEL! self.AddCfd("UK100GBP", Resolution.Minute) #Logging / Debugs self.Logging_On = True self.Debug_On = True #Set Shcedule # self.Schedule.On(self.DateRules.Every(DayOfWeek.Monday,DayOfWeek.Friday), self.TimeRules.At(6, 55), self.MorningBuy) # self.Schedule.On(self.DateRules.Every(DayOfWeek.Monday,DayOfWeek.Friday), self.TimeRules.At(16, 29), self.AfternoonSell) self.Schedule.On(self.DateRules.Every(DayOfWeek.Friday), self.TimeRules.At(6, 55), self.MorningBuy) self.Schedule.On(self.DateRules.Every(DayOfWeek.Friday), self.TimeRules.At(16, 29), self.AfternoonSell) def OnData(self, data): '''OnData event is the primary entry point for your algorithm. Each new data point will be pumped in here. Arguments: data: Slice object keyed by symbol containing the stock data ''' pass def MorningBuy(self): if self.Debug_On: self.Debug("MorningBuy: Fired at : {0}".format(self.Time)) self.SetHoldings("UK100GBP", self.Allocate) def AfternoonSell(self): if self.Debug_On: self.Debug("AfternoonSell: Fired at : {0}".format(self.Time)) self.Liquidate

In the code, the two commented `self.Schedule.On` lines work, whereas the two uncommented lines do not work. I receive the following error:

During the algorithm initialization, the following exception has occurred: Trying to dynamically access a method that does not exist throws a TypeError exception. To prevent the exception, ensure each parameter type matches those required by the Every method. Please checkout the API documentation.
at Initialize in main.py:line 35
TypeError : No method matches given arguments for Every

Should I be using something other than `self.DateRules.Every()` ?

Author