I am trying to register my custom indicator in the initialize function with a coarse universe selection but currently am only able to register it using just one defined equity i.e. self.RegisterIndicator("TWTR", self.cv, Resolution.Daily). When I try to reference anything other than just a single equity ("TWTR" in this case) in the first part of self.RegisterIndicator(), I am given an error stating that it is unusable. Instead of only applying my custom indicator to a single equity, how do I register my indicator using a coarse universe selection of let's say 500 equities?

Here's where I'm at currently. Just need to figure out what to put in the first part of self.RegisterIndicator() to apply it to my coarse universe selection unless there's a better way of going about it:

def Initialize(self): self.SetStartDate(2000,10,1) self.SetEndDate(2019,1,1) self.SetCash(100000) self.UniverseSettings.Resolution = Resolution.Daily self.AddUniverse(self.MyCoarseFilterFunction) self.cv = TripleBottomIndicator() self.RegisterIndicator(???, self.cv, Resolution.Daily) def MyCoarseFilterFunction(self, coarse): sortedByDollarVolume = sorted(coarse, key=lambda x: x.DollarVolume, reverse=True) filtered = [ x.Symbol for x in sortedByDollarVolume if x.Price > 5 and x.DollarVolume > 400000000 ] return filtered[:500]

Thanks for the help!

Author