Back

Suggest Trading Strategies for Us to Implement!

Hello Everyone!

A great resource to take advantage of is our Strategy Library, where we take strategies from academic papers and implement them using our platform. Typically, we source our strategies from Quantpedia’s Free Strategies, SSRN, and arXiv, and we pick and implement strategies that look interesting to us. 

However, we would love to also implement strategies suggested by the community! This way, we can provide algorithms that give the most value to our users.

To make a suggestion for a strategy to be implemented, please do the following:

1. Skim the Strategy Library and the replies below to see if the strategy or suggestion already exists.

2. Write a description of the strategy. 

3. (Optional) Provide a link to a paper on the strategy. Although this is an optional step, this will greatly increase the likelihood of a strategy being implemented.

4. Reply to this post with 2) and 3).

However, you may also contribute ways other than suggestions, as you can help choose the strategies we implement with your vote! Feel free to vote on the strategies posted by other users that interest you, and the strategies with the most votes will be the ones most likely to be implemented.

Or if you’d like, you can even develop and add strategies to the Strategy Library directly! We provide the workflow for developing a strategy here and the contributing guidelines here

Best,
Shile Wen

Update Backtest

The material on this website is provided for informational purposes only and does not constitute an offer to sell, a solicitation to buy, or a recommendation or endorsement for any security or strategy, nor does it constitute an offer to provide investment advisory services by QuantConnect. In addition, the material offers no opinion with respect to the suitability of any security or specific investment. QuantConnect makes no guarantees as to the accuracy or completeness of the views expressed in the website. The views are subject to change, and may have become unreliable for various reasons, including changes in market conditions or economic circumstances. All investments involve risk, including loss of principal. You should consult with an investment professional before making any investment decisions.

The material on this website is provided for informational purposes only and does not constitute an offer to sell, a solicitation to buy, or a recommendation or endorsement for any security or strategy, nor does it constitute an offer to provide investment advisory services by QuantConnect. In addition, the material offers no opinion with respect to the suitability of any security or specific investment. QuantConnect makes no guarantees as to the accuracy or completeness of the views expressed in the website. The views are subject to change, and may have become unreliable for various reasons, including changes in market conditions or economic circumstances. All investments involve risk, including loss of principal. You should consult with an investment professional before making any investment decisions.

Q Learning Strategy

Hello!  A bit new to QuantConnect but I'll jump in.  I've skimmed the Strategy Library and didn't see anything that exists using Q Learning.  I've found some good resources related to this with promising results that I think would be a good strategy.  I have some resources I could include but if you simply Google this along with algorithmic trading you'll likely find some useful information and examples in Python.  I'm working on implementing my own now but wanted to publicize this idea for the community.

Hi Shile, 

It would be great to see another custom data algorithm added to the documentation.

Best,

Jovad

I forgot to include a link to a data source. 

https://www.quiverquant.com/sources/climate?

Thanks Shile and the QuantConnect team. This is a great inititive. Can't wait to see new strategies added to the library!

This one on Quantpedia has a pretty nice return and Sharpie:

https://quantpedia.com/strategies/skewness-effect-in-commodities/

I run the backtest provided by Quantpedia but have very different result if I use data from Quantdl instead of one from Quantpedia. I actually get negative return if I use Quandl data. I would love to see this strategy implemented in Quantconnect.

Best regards,

Leo

Not exactly a strategy, but would be good to get more ideas of how to find deply cointegrated market-neutral portfolio with maximum variance or trend-stationary  portfolio with minimum variance. 

The easiest example 

1. Trend-stationary with downside protection - SPY vs VXX, propportions are on the screenshot 

11320_1595475945.jpg

2. Flat-stationary of fundamentally cointegrated assets - SAN vs BSBR or SPY vs VXX in different ratio 

11320_1595476103.jpg

Hi Dung Le ,

I think it would be interesting to implement that strategy using real futures data because it would be tradeable.

Hi Jovad,

Derek is currently developing one using custom data for a Sentiment Analysis strategy right now! It will be posted to the forum on completion.

Best,
Shile Wen

Hi Shile,

what about a multi strategy - strategy.

1) A first strategy could use a min variance portfolio for US stocks and bonds. eg. SPY & IEF

2) A second strategy could do the same but for emerging markets stocks and bonds. eg. EEM & EMB

Now an overall strategy 3) should use the sub strategies 1) & 2)  as a kind of assets to build a min variance portfolio itself. 

Other sub strategies like FX or Crypto could be added optionally.

As the main target, this should create a strategy of, if selected correctly, uncorrelated strategies. 

Would be nice to see this implemented.

Thx.

Eugene

I have been looking For an intra-day strategy for a while but I have not been able to implement one with any signs of success. Wondering if you can take up this one

https://alpaca.markets/learn/concurrent-scalping-algo-async-python/?utm_source=intercom&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=engage_usershttps://alpaca.markets/learn/concurrent-scalping-algo-async-python/?utm_source=intercom&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=engage_users

Wonderful!! I was waiting for this offer ...
You may want to have a special place on the site to make suggestions for strategies with an orderly option for responses from the community

[I am interested in bidding but I would love to know how I will know if my bids are accepted and if they are implemented where I can see the algorithm]

Thank you

I like the idea of let people bid for their favorite algorithm.

Hi Everyone!

The Q-learning strategy suggested by Erik has the most votes, so I will do my best to implement a strategy that uses Q-learning. This is a challenging concept, so it may take me a while. Furthermore, I implemented the intraday scalping strategy suggested by Manoj in the attached backtest.

Best,
Shile Wen

I found a good and unknown site full of academic articles and strategies, [looks much more impressive than Quantopedia], I would love to hear what you think about its level [it offers 39,000 articles with free experience and not too expensive subscription] 

You can enter here

Thanks Shile for implementing the strategy recommended by me.

I would love to see a non time bar with continious futures, like Renko with E-Mini.

Update Backtest

This discussion is closed