Back

Backtest logging

Hi,

1. I'm running a backtest with debug events every minute on a couple of years,
in the end i can't see the whole log in the log tab. how can i get it?

2. If there is an error, i have a link to the a log file but i don't see debug events for the whole period,
i have gaps, for example - backtest on years 2013-2014 on 10 symbols:
"MSFT", "AMZN", "CCE", "GE", "DIS", "MS", "FDX", "YHOO", "CNP", "VZ"
and i have debug at the start of "OnData" event, i get logs for the 1.1.2013, 2.1.2013 and then jump to the end of the year.
Update Backtest

Hi Eran, logging is restricted to 10kb due to data provider restrictions. The only way around this is to use LEAN open source project and run using your own data. I'd recommend some smarter logging techniques to avoid hitting the limit.

Debug messages are blocked if they are identical to prevent browser flooding. People tended to send the same message over and over until than ran out of RAM.

The material on this website is provided for informational purposes only and does not constitute an offer to sell, a solicitation to buy, or a recommendation or endorsement for any security or strategy, nor does it constitute an offer to provide investment advisory services by QuantConnect. In addition, the material offers no opinion with respect to the suitability of any security or specific investment. QuantConnect makes no guarantees as to the accuracy or completeness of the views expressed in the website. The views are subject to change, and may have become unreliable for various reasons, including changes in market conditions or economic circumstances. All investments involve risk, including loss of principal. You should consult with an investment professional before making any investment decisions.

Update Backtest

The material on this website is provided for informational purposes only and does not constitute an offer to sell, a solicitation to buy, or a recommendation or endorsement for any security or strategy, nor does it constitute an offer to provide investment advisory services by QuantConnect. In addition, the material offers no opinion with respect to the suitability of any security or specific investment. QuantConnect makes no guarantees as to the accuracy or completeness of the views expressed in the website. The views are subject to change, and may have become unreliable for various reasons, including changes in market conditions or economic circumstances. All investments involve risk, including loss of principal. You should consult with an investment professional before making any investment decisions.

This discussion is closed