Back

16 Spaces Remaining | $1 Trades

Hey All! The Tradier Brokerage integration launch has been very successful with the 100 accounts almost snapped up! There's 16 spaces remaining for this limited offer.

To celebrate the integration with QuantConnect, Tradier is offering QuantConnect users $1 per trade on US Equities. This lets you trade unlimited shares all for $1 (excluding exchange fees).

To open an account with them takes 24 hours and only requires a $1,000 deposit. The combination of $1/trade fee + $1k minimum deposit makes us proud to offer this service as its truly democratizing algorithmic trading. All users who sign up also get a free QuantConnect subscription included :)

Open an account here; and use the code Quant1 when you sign up!
Update Backtest

The material on this website is provided for informational purposes only and does not constitute an offer to sell, a solicitation to buy, or a recommendation or endorsement for any security or strategy, nor does it constitute an offer to provide investment advisory services by QuantConnect. In addition, the material offers no opinion with respect to the suitability of any security or specific investment. QuantConnect makes no guarantees as to the accuracy or completeness of the views expressed in the website. The views are subject to change, and may have become unreliable for various reasons, including changes in market conditions or economic circumstances. All investments involve risk, including loss of principal. You should consult with an investment professional before making any investment decisions.

Jared,

I have a few questions.

Can you tell me more about Tradier? I checked their website/faq, did not say much about account for non US citizen. As for account type, which one should i choose? What are the exchange fees? They only allow to trade US equities how about asian market? Do they provide access to their trading platform(for manual execution if required)?

As for the prime subscription, these basically allow me to deploy paper/live on a stable environment?

Thanks

Hey ITu!

- Correct its USA only for now sorry but they're slowly expanding internationally. There's a lot of legal work that goes into expanding a brokerage internationally. If you have a corporate entity and plan to do a lot of trading Tradier supports corporation sign ups as well.

- The exchange fees are common fees across all brokerages. SEC Fee assessment charged is $0.0042 for each round turn transaction (i.e., one purchase and one sale of a contract of sale for future delivery). TAF fee is charged on all equity sales at a rate of $.000119 with a minimum charge of $0.01. An example would be a sale of 1000 shares of INTC at 32.59.
TAF fee = 1,000 * .000119 = .119 (Rounded to .12)
SEC fee = 0.0000184 * 32,590 = .599565 (Rounded to .60)
Total MISC Fees of .72 and it this case total cost of trade would be 1.72

- Yes you can use the $1/trading anywhere (through their website or through QuantConnect), and it comes with a QuantConnect subscription which gets you live & paper trading :)

We also support Interactive Brokers who support virtually everywhere! We're adding international equities support to QC now but for the moment we're still limited to US Equities & FX.

The material on this website is provided for informational purposes only and does not constitute an offer to sell, a solicitation to buy, or a recommendation or endorsement for any security or strategy, nor does it constitute an offer to provide investment advisory services by QuantConnect. In addition, the material offers no opinion with respect to the suitability of any security or specific investment. QuantConnect makes no guarantees as to the accuracy or completeness of the views expressed in the website. The views are subject to change, and may have become unreliable for various reasons, including changes in market conditions or economic circumstances. All investments involve risk, including loss of principal. You should consult with an investment professional before making any investment decisions.

So it is not open for international individual but for an international corporation, they are allow to open account with tradier?

Thanks for the fee explanation. I thought it was the data access exchange fee.

Oh,i did not notice they have web platform.

Well, i guess i have to focus on us equities for now :D

Yeah they have a decent web GUI! It is limited to US corporations only at this time.

All users who sign up also get a free QuantConnect subscription included :)

I am still waiting for my "free QuantConnect subscription".

Thanks for letting me know ValeryT. Tradier lets me know about the new sign ups Monday each week so I haven't got your sign up yet. I'll activate it now, just make sure your Tradier account is funded as this was a condition of them covering your subscription.

I setup my Tradier account and it'll be funded tomorrow.

A while back I thought I saw some documentation on how to connect QuantConnect to my Tradier account. From what I recall it involved overriding a *Brokerage class.

Is there some documentation, perhaps a how-to, on how to connect QuantConnect to a user's Tradier account for live trading?

Hey Mike! That is all handled automatically for you now -- you just deploy the algorithm live using the yellow button at the top of the page! Here's a 1 minute demo of deploying a live algorithm.

When you click the "Go Live" button you'll be taken to a wizard where you select your brokerage and enter any credentials required. With Tradier they have an oAuth setup so no passwords are needed.

@Jared Broad Thanks, I'll give that a shot!

Update Backtest

This discussion is closed