I see there's an Add() method in the RollingWindow class. It adds a new item to the end of the list.

I'd like to insert a new item at the beginning of the list, but the ivar _list is private inside of RollingWindow. I've been scouring the internet trying to find a way to accomplish this. It seems like creating a static extension method might be a good way. But, so far I can't seem to get it work.

The reason I'm trying to do this is, I'm getting some data for a custom indicator from Yahoo Finance. Yahoo finance seems to only provide the data sorted by date. I need to reverse the sort order of the data. I think it provides it in ascending and I need to sort it in descending order (although I might have the ascending and descending backwards, I'm getting a bit sleepy eyed at the moment).

Here's the URL I'm using to get the CSV data from Yahoo Finance:

http://ichart.yahoo.com/table.csv?s=GOOG&a=0&b=2&c=2004&g=d&ignore=.csv

Does anyone know how I could insert a new item to the beginning of a RollingWindow object? Or perhaps just get the data sorted from Yahoo Finance in the order I specify? My end goal is to simply reverse the sort order of the RollingWindow after it completely loaded.

Author