Back

Not finding any contracts to trade

hi does anyone know what i'm doing wrong?

i'm not getting any errors but the algorithm isn't trading any futures contracts. 

Update Backtest

Hi Apollos,
there were a few bugs that I found:
1. The futureNQ setfilter was using futureES variable
2. filter period was too short at 35d. Futures have quarterly expirations so need at least 90d.
3. some variables were not using self. reference
May I suggest that when debugging to log the raw OnData slice data to check any filters are working as intended.
-ES

wow thanks!. i need to brush up on my futures fundamentals . I never would have noticed the 35 day thing. I trade forex and options. never done futures. i appreaciate your help ES. 

No problem. Always fun to work out why things don't work :) Pay it forward if you get a chance.

Hi ES ,

thanks! i will see who i can help out on the forums! I am getting a wierd issue that i shouldn't be..i am trading over a thousand orders per trading signal...but i'm using IF not self.portfolio[self.front.symbol].IsShort/IsLong.. then initiate trade... i think the problem is in my liquidate IF statement. what do you think? 

Update Backtest

The material on this website is provided for informational purposes only and does not constitute an offer to sell, a solicitation to buy, or a recommendation or endorsement for any security or strategy, nor does it constitute an offer to provide investment advisory services by QuantConnect. In addition, the material offers no opinion with respect to the suitability of any security or specific investment. QuantConnect makes no guarantees as to the accuracy or completeness of the views expressed in the website. The views are subject to change, and may have become unreliable for various reasons, including changes in market conditions or economic circumstances. All investments involve risk, including loss of principal. You should consult with an investment professional before making any investment decisions.

This discussion is closed

";